Fantasy Realm by Vexer
  • 48 posts
  • Page 4 of 4
elysium5 wrote:
I just played a 4 player death match on this map and I think it is awesome(not just because I won;).

Again more work, which I'm sure nobody wants, but what about creating multiple map sections(or more simply an asterisk to special maps) to choose from where certain maps can only be used for certain types of games based on the fact that they are great for one type of play but not for another?

I'm not suggesting it be overly complicated by creating a thousand different options for every map and scenario but maybe something like a single 'special map' section or indicator where you can choose a map that is set up for a predetermined type of game play?

For example, in the 'special map' section(or attached indicator), it would say; (insert map name)-tagline-'death match only' or 'caps only' or '2 player only' etc.

This could also be used as an option available to premium members only when choosing to create a game as an added incentive to become a premium member.

...or my idea could be doggy doo doo. Just throwing it out there...:)
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
Cireon wrote:
The Create Game process is currently being redesigned and there will be a way to tell which maps are suitable for what kind of games.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Vexer wrote:
All of the 3p suggestions are pretty decent but I like Matty's the best (Anosis/Antas/Agrona) because I think on a map with this many bottlenecks it's important that the 3 caps be in similar regions because regions are going to be a big part of the strategy. Agrona and Antas have the advantage of being closer together but they also have the disadvantage of being closer together. It just depends on the game.

Fendi's 4p is best because it meets all the guidelines and I like it because the cap that is in the worst region has the advantage of being able to get to 3 caps instead of just 2. I know Matty argued to have the cap on Ethano instead of Rhodunia to keep a second path clear from the two north caps down to Agrona but it is highly unlikely that that path would be clear the whole way anyway and it's a long path that probably no one would take. Might as well get the better spacing by using Rhodunia and help out the cap that is in the worst region.

5p - I didn't really like any of the suggestions but couldn't come up with anything better myself. Fendi's is better because having a cap on Rhodunia instead of Ethano helps the cap that is in the worst region. I don't like the cap in Agrevon though because it has limited mobility. Any improvement would have to have a setup that doesn't use Agrevon.

6p - I liked Fendi's the best except that I would move terraga to anosis to get a shorter path to Agrona and Anglova. I think in general having better short paths is more important than having an extra long path because on this map it is highly unlikely that the long path will be clear so there's no need to consider it.

7p - Fendi's is the most spread out and balanced

8p - Boy what a challenge with no good solution. I did however come up with a solution where only 2 caps are within 2 hops of each other. Noxon did too but his doesn't work because the cap in bahar will push out to engona which would put it right next to amoris.
My solution uses engalius which i think everyone else avoided because it blocks paths but actually i think that's a good thing because there are plenty of caps for each player to kill. There is no way you'll have a clear path to each cap anyway. You are more likely to kill one that is close to you.

9p - Fendi's is most balanced.

https://dominating12.com/assets/img/forum/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/Ancient%20Realm%20Risk%20Map%20Capitals.jpg

I will probably go ahead and input these but it is still open for debate and they can be changed at any time in the future.