Fantasy Realm by Vexer
  • 48 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
KittyCatManiac wrote:
Vexer I think it's awesome!!!! I can't WAIT for you to make this finish this map!!!
I do have one suggestion though, make the colors a bit more brighter. If this makes since, so the map is more, "Pleasing to the eye." Right now the colors are a bit dull.

-Everybody die's, but not everybody lives.
-KittyCatManiac
Thorpe wrote:
Wow !!!! Did I miss this update!

Very nice. The "Dragon/Demon", "Batman", "Batgirl" who cares? Let players think what they want.

The only thing I do not like is the straight line on the horizon on the left of the map. 
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
ok I removed the dragon/demon/angel/vamp/bat thing and I brightened up the colors just a tad.

I replaced the previous image so you may need to refresh to see the change.

http://dominating12.com/assets/img/forum/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/ancient%20realm%20risk%20map.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions on anything to add to the map to make it fit the title/theme better?
Thorpe wrote:
Ancient Realm of Waterfield or Hydra(I think this is the other name for water)
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
KittyCatManiac wrote:
These are just my suggestions:
I still think the colors are a bit to… earthly? Maybe to dark?... I would still try to brighten it a bit.
I also think that you should enlarge this map. The names of the territories are a bit too small to read.
I love the back-round though! It needs no work.

Everybody die’s but not everybody lives
              -KittyCat
Matty wrote:
Looks like I missed the update.

I was going to say that I am sold to the background this way, but I have to agree with Thorpe's comment about the horizontal horizon on the left. Some slight change might look better.

The colours are ok in contrast with the background, font is big enough and well readable, also looks nice on the map.
The only thing I don't like about the colours is that the two red regions look very, very much alike. Even though I'm not fond of pink, it looks better on the minimap.

Still not sure about these straight connection lines.

Apart from these small things: wow, what does it look nice!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
- Text - Increased the spacing between the letters to make it more readable instead of increasing the font size.

- Modified the cliffs on the left side

- Modified the colors slightly

http://dominating12.com/assets/img/forum/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/ancient%20realm%20risk%20map1.jpg
Matty wrote:
I can't really see a change in colours, but the font is better and so is the cliff :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I added something to spice up the gameplay to make the map more interesting and relevant what do you think?

http://dominating12.com/assets/img/forum/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/ancient%20realm%20risk%20map2.jpg
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I have seen some set up lately quite funny.

If you add the temples I vote for making them neutral.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Matty wrote:
Its going to influence 2p games most I think, not sure what it would do.
For graphics I would change the corcle around it a bit, maybe somewhat more bold.
Holt wrote:
Vexer I understand why this map has not been updated by you in awhile with how busy you must be lately but with what I can see so far from it would love to see you finish this map. I really like the idea of the temples on the map and controlling those points for an extra bonus. It brings the element of Eld World and gives it a little more purpose. Just wondering if there was more of a reason this map hasn't been worked on in awhile or if it really was that you were too busy?

Either way it looks great and love the background something different than they usual water or paper backgrounds.
Vexer wrote:
Well, I think the map is done. So the fun part is over. It's not very fun to input the map and choose capitals so I have been choosing to spend my time on other things.

The only way I will be motivated to spend my time on this map is if people keep asking for it.

Since no one has been asking for me to finish it I assumed no one liked it enough for it to be worth my time to finish it.
Leedog wrote:
Is there a final version of this map... or is the last link above the final version?

Also, I could be wrong but I thought Fendi was the best at figuring out Capital placements?
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I am not good giving opinions about texture and those things, because I don't understand about that, so I won't do it, but Vexer that doesn't mean I wasn't anxious for testing the gameplay of this map.

The map I commented to marcoxa has something similar to your Temples, it's something I found quite interesting and if I didn't insist to play as soon as posible it's because you are always very busy but I do like the map, so please, finish it.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra