47 territories
  • 151 posts
  • Page 9 of 11
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@DSDS7292: The added bridge was in Free State, not North Cape.

I really don't see what's wrong with this map. Texture and text are great. I see the super-regions, but there are super-regions in World Expanded (North America, South America).
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Fendi wrote:
I actually like this version more than this one simply because it looks more clean and is easy on the eyes.
What I would like to see is the texture layer being lowered by lets say 60-ish procent so that the land on this version gets a little more roughness but at the same time stays clean.

Other than that nice work, I really like how it turned out.
PsymonStark wrote:
Fendi, about gameplay? Old or new version?

SA18 (click to show)

Added some brightness and put more traditional bridges so you guys can tell me if you find them easier or harder to see them.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Fendi wrote:
Oh I didn't notice you had changed the game-play, I thought you were only going to change the looks. Anyway, I guess I like the new version better. But is it possible to make it more clear that Eden (yellow region) can attack Cape Winelands (purple region)?

If we decide on using the second version then there's a chance we have to change some capital positions to fit the new game-play
PsymonStark wrote:
It was my intention but I read you saying that you didn't like the gameplay, so I changed the most uneven parts...

I'll change that connection later, when I get to my computer. And the capitals will have to be changed for sure.
PsymonStark wrote:
SA19 (click to show)
Clarified Eden-Cape Winelands border.

It seems that not too many capitals need to be changed:
23489P (click to show)
567P (click to show)
Fendi wrote:
Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does this map have a dirty, pale-like look to it..? The reduced texture looks better but I was thinking of something alone these lines..

http://s9.postimg.org/4ywusigwv/1xynt2zg.jpg

But of course with better result than what I showed you =)
PsymonStark wrote:
Maybe. I didn't want to put a lot of saturation and color to the map, I wanted to stay in a brownish parchment-like general look...
cbt711 wrote:
I love the look for the unplayable regions, water / gray land. Maybe play with some other textures for the playable regions. Maybe even a real smooth cloud texture over the parchment as is to make it less uniform, and kind of white wash the effect so it's not so overpowering.
EDIT:
Scratch that last sentence, it's already kinda cloud dispersed with the shadows. :) Just play around with it. Here's a good challenge, keep true to your parchment look, but still distinguish playable from unplayable. Haha, that's a lot to ask, but you have always liked a challenge.

Right now, though very cool looking in generic terms, the whole map just kinda bleeds together. Contrast between unplayable and playable would help with what Fendi's seeing I think.
Fendi wrote:
@ PsymonStark, that explains a lot..

It's just the dirty feeling of it that's bothering me, not sure though how you can remove it..
PsymonStark wrote:
Is this giving you a cleaner sensation?
SA21 (click to show)
Matty wrote:
Your new one looks very dark and gloomy, while this one looks bright and happy.

Techincally the newer one is alot better, it has pretty textures and stuff, but the feeling of the bright one is alot better (I think).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Fendi wrote:
How about keeping the pale look but tone down the texture? Try to make it look like something between this and this..
PsymonStark wrote:
Two new versions trying to make what Fendi and Matty suggested:

SA22-5139911 (click to show)
SA22b-5139912 (click to show)
Fendi wrote:
Much better! Well done PsymonStark. Both versions are good and easy on the eyes..so choosing one is not an easy thing to do..I think I'd have to go with SA22b-5139912 but I'm alright with the other one if people like it more.