47 territories
  • 151 posts
  • Page 10 of 11
naathim wrote:
I too like the 912, has a very nice aesthetic to it.

It'll be nice that the gameplay is changed too. It was always such roundabout before.
PsymonStark wrote:
Ok, then 912 it is. Now with updated minimap.

SA23-5140000 (click to show)
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
PsymonStark wrote:
Do you guys think that any other things need some work/could be better?
naathim wrote:
Is Nelson Mandela Bay really necessary in the yellow region? Can you even fit a territory circle in it?

Same with City of Cape Town. They just look like really small territories. But that's just little junk, it looks ready to go to me ^^
PsymonStark wrote:
Oh, you can see that Cape Town is very useful, enough to be a cap :)

Also, this outline has 54 territories. That means no neutrals for 2, 3, 6, 9 players, but 53 is a prime number...

And last but not least, those are real districts from South Africa. I had to make up some others though.

Fun fact: the hardest territory to fit a circle is Johannesburg, and is also a cap, I had to make the territory bigger for that purpose.
Fendi wrote:
Nice work PsymonStark, if everything is done then you can go ahead and put it in the system.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I am immensely pleased.

:).
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

PsymonStark wrote:
And now the map is on β, many thanks to all the feedbackers. If you happen to use the map, and find something wrong, please, contact me via PM so I can fix it.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I just found this:

Fendi said:
The South Africa map is still not ready (in my eyes). To be frank, I never liked that map, both looks and game-play. I'm afraid it will take a lot more time and patience to make me happy, if anyone is up to the task then be my guest but I'm afraid you will only be wasting your time.

Congrats, Psymon!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

PsymonStark wrote:
Well, the trick is that I think she had seen an outdated version. There were some extra things done in between, like making a precise outline, and adding some decent textures.

Thanks indeed, Vir ^^
PsymonStark wrote:
This map is now available for all as a non free map. You can purchase it for 200 tokens on the Maps tab, and you will have complete access to it for future games!
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks to Psymon Shark the gameplay has been improved a lot from the original version by Pntbttr. Since I suggest everybody to take a try on the new South Africa map.

The graphics too is considerably improved. But if I have to nitpick something, the river seems to be more thin in the West (just where it would the case to have it looking thicker). This effect is caused by Namibia outlines being smaller than playing regions outline.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein