47 territories
  • 151 posts
  • Page 7 of 11
Pntbttr wrote:
um...I posted this but nobody commented...what do you guys think about my capitals?
Vexer wrote:
patience young padawan.
I haven't had a chance yet. And i haven't felt rushed cause I'm still waiting for lucide to fix the adjacencies in the system.

I'm also not a big fan of your image; it's hard to read. but don't worry about it. i'll manage.
Glanru wrote:
3's look fine. I don't like the 4's though. City of Cape Town has a significant advantage being only close to one other cap, but Buffalo City is very close to all 3. I recommend changing Lejwele. to Nagaka Modiri M. and eThekwini to uMkhan. This change would put City of Cape Town and uMkhan farther apart than the other two, but it would be more fair than your current selection and I'm having trouble finding any fair 4 player caps option.
Vexer wrote:
well pntbttr, i said i probably forgot to tell you something and i did. buffalo city and nelson mandela bay can't be caps because there is only one way out--it's too easy to get blocked in. That and changing remove a territory from the red region required changing most of the caps. Here's my proposition:

http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/South%20Africa%20caps%202-5.jpg

http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/South%20Africa%20caps%206-8.jpg
Vexer wrote:
I have activated the map but we can still change the caps at any time. Your comments are welcome.

And please thank Pntbttr.
Villain191 wrote:
Why is this map not freely available? Play on it first time today, was a welcome change.
Fendi wrote:
That map has been discontinued because it is one of our least popular maps.
Clarke wrote:
In my humble opinion, maps should never be discontinued due to lack of games played on it. What harm is there in leaving the map active just in case someone wants to play it.

Now if there was something substandard with the map I can understand removing it. But the vetting process to get a map on to D12 is so exhaustive and the standards are so high, I can't see a map suddenly becoming substandard...

Just my two cents.
Vexer wrote:
Fendi was being nice. This map is substandard. It was among our first maps before we knew how to make great maps. The map is not worth redoing because it was never popular enough to justify anyone spending time on doing so.

The map was deactivated because the substandard graphics make the site look cheap.
elysium5 wrote:
I for one like that the map making process is so in depth. This site has by far the best maps. Quality over quantity!:)
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
elysium5 is online.
urgul wrote:
I like that, especially because it has the other countries that South Africa borders.