Experimenting / Learning
  • 587 posts
  • Page 34 of 40
Hoodlum wrote:
Matty
Could you make that themed with territory names from the time of Alexander the Great? (Or Cyrus or something?)
got any good references?
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
No, not really. Sorry. Just that it'd be really cool B|
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
ProblemChild96 wrote:
Persia map looks cool, I like having the one small area in the corner for people to fight over at the start
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Hoodlum wrote:
what to do? make a map

corona (click to show)

100% view
elysium5 wrote:
I was half expecting to see a map on a beer bottle...
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Hoodlum wrote:
haha just saw this.

Spoiler (click to show)
Matty wrote:
The first map looks fine to me, albeit a bit cropped. The second one though, not so much.
Firstly, where is New Zeeland, why did you leave it off?

Secondly, what's that weird non existent island doing below Australia?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
A more tasteful theme. beer is yuck!

Earth 20200

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
ProblemChild96 wrote:
Not sure i like the adding of Pounamu-Ika, kinda hard to tell if that would help or hurt gameplay
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Hoodlum wrote:
ProblemChild96
Not sure i like the adding of Pounamu-Ika, kinda hard to tell if that would help or hurt gameplay

lol, but that's the theme. NZ is on the map and the rest of the world is unrecognizeable ;)

https://www.newzealand.com/int/feature/get-new-zealand-on-the-map/

aeronautic wrote:
I like it a lot.
I really like most of the Tribal Symbols / Coat of Arms.
A couple of obvious things I would render.
1) The small circular islands, they mainly add noise to the map, so I think it would look better without most of them.
2) Most of the symbols look like tribal and realistic warring regimes, but the octopus & scorpion look out of place in the theme. Namely because they are not either side profiles or symmetrical front profiles. Perhaps find more Eagles, Dragons, Daggers, Swords, Cannons etc to replace them.
3) The connection from Tidur to Dikenal needs to converge on the connection from Sini and Keluaran to Wawasan to converge on the Asal connection.
4) I would suggest going with labels minus all accents, they currently create havoc with the code.
5) I suggest removing Dikenal and placing the Pounamu part of NZ there by making the whole of NZ bigger, it will also make it more of a theme and less subliminal.
6) Enrich all the land colours. Add more vibrant colour overlays.
7) Samasya label looks like the"Y" & "A" are connections, perhaps find a better place for the label.

General:
I'm guessing that in 18,180 years time, the whole world will be speaking one language, which makes the current label theme feasible, but it will more likely be English, as it is now for Airlines, Shipping, Space Travel etc. Perhaps give the land names that reflect their historic names before they broke up.
I would suggest that the land within the map, is land in the South & West Pacific that broke up due to tectonics and increased sea levels and so would include the Australian provinces, Tasmania, Indonesia, Philippines, New Guinea, Great Barrier Reef, Sumatra, Java etc etc.
However, this would take quite a lot of imagination and may prove difficult to achieve... perhaps you could ask for ideas of what people think that new country names would be in the future??
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
aero feedback edit + some
Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
aeronautic wrote:
3) The connection from Tidur to Dikenal needs to converge on the connection from Sini and Keluaran to Wawasan to converge on the Asal connection.

There may be a bit of confusion on this now that Dikenal has been replaced.
However, in the interest of intuitiveness, the connection lines should always converge, either to a point on the shore or to the centre of the circle.
Perhaps put on the neutral circles and have all connection lines point to their centres.

Four of the symbols are now too high contrasting on the map. They focus the eye. (Axes, Star, Bull and Blue Eagle)
The cross swords symbol is so subliminal, I didn't even notice it, which is perfect contrast. However, it could be a little smaller.

I'm also still a bit meh on the land colours at the moment, but let's see what the feedback is on them.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
elysium5 wrote:
I don't know much about this but maybe some darker shadowing on each land territory towards the center similar to the water shading but in a way that makes the land look higher and shadowed like the water looks shadowed and deep. Am I making any sense?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."