The current 12 best players on the site
  • 1331 posts
  • Page 52 of 89
JoeySe7en wrote:

Why not do the dominating 12 every month instead of bi monthly?
Or has this been suggested before?
Matty wrote:
Joeyseven
Why not do the dominating 12 every month instead of bi monthly?
Or has this been suggested before?
It's supposed to be monthly :) Feel free to remind us a month from now.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
maafi wrote:
A new one starts about 1 month after the last one finishes. But sometimes I forget so, like Matty said, remind us.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
maafi wrote:
The new D12 list is here: https://dominating12.com/tutorial/thedominating12
Congratulations to all that made the 12 and everyone who improved their position this month.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
dough_boy wrote:
You just have to have played 5 games in the last 15 days to be qualified, but it still is based upon your rank?

Also, what happened to July's list?
Cireon wrote:
Matty is back in the D12!? Wow!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Ah yes, I accidentally a few games.

Also, Strategery and Scissor are players to look out for, they're very high up with few games played.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
dough_boy
You just have to have played 5 games in the last 15 days to be qualified, but it still is based upon your rank?
Yes, you need to be active to be in the list, but everyone that is in the list is rated for the rank of all time.

dough_boy
Also, what happened to July's list?
[image]
See how #5 misses here, and that's exactly where hooboy is (was)? So apparently something went wrong while assigning hooboy as winner, and he moved to a list of his own.

I'll fix it at some point, but can't connect to the database for some reason now.
dough_boy wrote:
I thought we had discussed that the dominating 12 would be the 12 highest point earners regardless of their total rank? For instance one person from June to August lost 300+ rank, but still were in the top 12. We could have had someone who went +1000 in that time period, but because they were now only in the 2k range don't qualify. For instance say PatrickStarr played in 5 games, but lost them all. They would still be in the top 12 just based upon points...not that they are "dominating".

To me at least the Dominating 12 should be the top 12 who increased the most battle rating in that month (so long as they have played a minimum of 30 and 5 within last 15, etc).
Cireon wrote:
That doesn't work either. It is much easier to increase in rank when you are a lower rank, even if you don't belong to the very top of the website. Meanwhile, the best player of the site will have a hard time even maintaining their current battle rating, because everybody has a lower rating than them, so the calculations at the end of the game are not in their favour.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
Cireon doesn't that assume that those with higher ranks are playing "newbs"? I would assume that based upon the "game lobby" having a lot of password protected and rating limited games this is likely true. If they are playing people with similar ratings wouldn't it mean they would proportionally earn as much rating as a new person in a similar game?

I just think that the "Dominating 12" should be derived of whoever is actually dominating that month. I am sure some algorithm could be derived based upon games played, games one, ratings, etc.
Thorpe wrote:
I think there really is no way to make it perfect ...it just fun to have a list and see you move up or down the list.
To really be one of the 12 you should have to play everyone in every game type... Never going to happen.... that would be "Dominating"
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next