The current 12 best players on the site
  • 1331 posts
  • Page 58 of 89
maafi wrote:
D12 game will be Italia, Deathmatch. Invitations will go out to first 9.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Thank you maafi for the handling.

Well played slackbetter, nice win on the April '19 D12 game!

Cool that the next D12 game is already in the pipeline, very smooth!

I'm surprised how much the required rating to be top9 has risen for this edition :o

The dominating 12 list for 19 May 2019
Displaying 199 users. Position Rank Name Rating Total games
1 Dominator slackbatter 5479 2188
2 Lieutenant General maafi 5203 4419
3 Colonel alphax211 4181 1793
4 Private Jonathon 4120 140
5 Lieutenant Colonel k0canada613 3993 3459
6 Lieutenant Colonel Deepdaleduck 3816 4151
7 Major Matty 3675 588
8 Major lazer36 3662 4469
9 Major AlexCheckMate 3640 375
10 Captain flaxladrox 3602 729
11 Captain hooboy11 3380 13599
12 Captain Henris_1 3261 10256

>3602 to be top 9, whereas the edition before needed just >3349 and the one before >3327. August '18 was the last time that >3500 was required to be top9, with a peak (in recorded history) of >4273 for February '16: https://dominating12.com/tutorial/thedominating12/2016-02-26%2015:14:17
I'll take it that the main reason (this time) lies in the fact that there are 2 'returning' players in the form of Jonathon & Deepdaleduck who didn't make the list the previous time, due to not having played 5 games over the 15 days before publishing, yet have the right rating, so with 5+ games in, they take a sure spot =)

Good luck & fun everyone who's going to compete in the new D12 game and/or just (casually) playing on the website.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
maafi wrote:
Congratulations to AlexCheckMate our new D12 Dominator :)
AlexCheckMate wrote:
https://dominating12.com/forums/2/general-discussion/526/the-dominating-12/post/54621#post-54621
maafi
D12 list will be published tomorrow.
From now on I will attempt to publish a new list and get the D12 game started and finished every month.
I'm going to standardise the set-up of the D12 games to make it quicker to organise. We will use all of the 9p maps in alphabetical order, so:
Atlantis, Baltic Sea, Italia, NYC, Texas, Westeros, World Double, World Ex, World Inverted (and repeat)
also, the set-up will vary each time in this order:
DM, Assassination, DM, Caps, DM, Domination, DM etc
If a set-up doesn't work well with a particular map, we'll skip that set-up and move to DM.
Feedback always welcome.

21 May, 18:00:12 Game started.
21 Jun, 20:48:36 Game finished.

You've got it right on the money maafi! Game lasted exactly a month =)
It was very exciting to play in this game. The expectations on who would take the title home probably shifted with just about every turn played... depending on whether someone would have a lucky 3 card set, get stuck on 5 cards, fail on a(n easy) elimination, or just anything else. There weren't any turns that made me lift my eyebrows in dismay, just some that made me admire the ingenuity of the player who executed them; very well played by everyone. Thanks for the wishes and hopefully cya all soon in the next!

//Confession: I actually took pen and paper to do some math/draw out my plan/route before starting that last turn - never done that before in any game.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
maafi wrote:
New D12 list: https://dominating12.com/tutorial/thedominating12
Congratulations to all those who made it.
The D12 game will be caps played on the NYC map. I’ll send out a message to the first 9 and it’ll open up to 10-12 if any of the 9 don’t play.
maafi wrote:
Woohoo! Another new winner of the D12 crown!
Congratulations k0canada613 :)
Jimi wrote:
Very well deserved

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Gratz Tyler! That sure made for a swift game =d

― Albert Einstein
dough_boy wrote:
Not sure what happened to the list but only k0canada613 is left on it. He didn't kill us all did he. :)
Matty wrote:
dough_boy
Not sure what happened to the list but only k0canada613 is left on it. He didn't kill us all did he. :)
It's a bug. I'll get to fixing it at some point :pirate:

But no, you're still alive.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
Congrats!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."