Experimental Tournaments
  • 151 posts
  • Page 7 of 11
The_Bishop wrote:
First news from the battle field...
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=580500

The situation is still calm.
While Fendi and Emjd get distracted with the music, Maaafi and Supia go ahead conquering important regions.
The war is getting cool!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
Last News:
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=580500

Faster than predicted... Brigadier Maafi demoted to Colonel, achieved the victory hitting 24 territories, in a single shot without killing anyone... In my country this is called a "clean job"! :D

Congratulations Colonel Maafi:
through the power confered upon me from Above
"I name you Supreme Dominator of the Galaxy!"

Maafi was rated as favourite in my betting odds and he even found favourable conditions. I would say probably Fendi knew how to stop him but she got a bad start, Supia maybe could do it but didn't know exactly how and Emjd got bad dice trying to weaken.

Matty wrote:
Yeah, congratz!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Who is up for a second test?

I want to try out the miscellaneous gametype as suggested by Matty. In the first phase everybody will play 2 games: one Caps and one D.M.; in case the final game is needed, it will be Domination with cards capped at 12, like the previous experiment.

Who wants in? 2500 points required, okay?
Matty wrote:
I'm in for the second test. I'd like something to succeed.

But really, what should we do in case of stalemates....

I'm really thinking of having six 6p games, and then a finale of one 6p game - and then if one of them stalemates, we play one finale 5p game instead.

Of course, then we also have the problem of what to do when multiple players win multiple games...

*sigh* this is hard to do well.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
lazer36 wrote:
i would like to play if there is any places left
ban for life glad its not real life or why try to improve one self
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay 6 for now:
Matty, maafi, Fendi, emjaydee, supiachao, lazer36.

I believe the previous experiment was not so bad. Unfortuntely 1 game out of 4 stalemated making the tourney a bit longer than predicted. Eventually I consider Sygma's MVP method to be the best things to solve stalemates in the 1st phase. My mistake in the previous run was to allow ppl to know what the others have already voted, so giving more decisional power to the last. But I wish for the next experiment to have no stalemates, hopefully.