Experimental Tournaments
  • 151 posts
  • Page 2 of 11
aeronautic wrote:
I guess once we have 12.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
I cannot understand exactly if Sygmassacre and 4960epic asked to be in or not. Please don't speak slang with me, I'm not English and I don't watch the American movies

So I will be competitor and organizer/referee at same time. And I name PsymonStark superior guarantor of the tournament regularity (if he wants). Just in case I have to take rough decisions he can judge if my action is fair or not.

I agree 2 maps can be enough and to be punctilious even more fair because everyone will play both maps once. In this case my requirement of them being equal in size can fall. Being a test it should be ran many times since maps can change.

To be honest for the first run I wanted something more folksy but it looks you are taking it seriously and good players are coming here. This is good because it is what we need to simulate the D12 contest.

Point limit can help in this direction so I agree with it.
Let say 2500 points required.

I agree with the tie-break. I have a list of 12 different games 1v1 with different maps and settings. I play them regularly and I can just chose 7 of them. The need of a tie-break anyway is rare and I'm not going to define it now.

[The Dominator of the Dominators it's a nice idea and maybe one day we will do that. But for now we are just trying out how to have a fair 12 player contest.]
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
Well thanks. So far we are: Matty, The_Bishop, aeronautic, Sygmassacre and 4960epic. We need 7 more!!

As for the maps what about Victron? It's the second in popularity among the large maps after Medi States.

If I have to follow the popularity I would say (excluding World Classic):
1st stage == Medi States and Victron
Final Game == United States

But if I have to include all the continents I would say:
1st stage == Medi States and East Indies
Final Game == United States
[final game in case one leaves == Brazil 3p Caps]
supiachao wrote:
I wanna play, when will this start, so I stop accepting LT to join this one. ;)
Cireon wrote:
Let's do it!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
maafi wrote:
I'll happily volunteer for any experiment
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
aeronautic wrote:
I have just bought a "teach yourself brain surgery" kit, will anyone be happy to volunteer for my first experiment?
I am quite good at it already, I practised on stray cats, most of them are still here and seem quite happy lying in gutters drooling, bless! I am surprised how well it is going, because I am a recovering alcoholic and my hand is prone to violent shakes.

Sorry, off Topic!

There's 3 more, just 4 needed now.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Sygmassacre wrote:
Wait....are you one of my regular patrons!? Oh no, you said recovering alcoholic.....
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
The_Bishop wrote:
Well the list is filling: Matty, The_Bishop, aeronautic, Sygmassacre, 4960epic, supiachao, Cireon, maafi. So many nice people that I would be shy to kill someone! Waiting for 4 more volunteers.

One map is Mediterranean States, it's so popular that I think everybody agrees with it.

The other map, I'm undecided:
Tamriel = having the same size;
Victron = being second in popularity;
Westeros & Essos = suggested both by Matty and me;
East Indies = to have places all over the globe.

Basically I am fine with every decision.

If nobody have specific requirements or in case we cannot find an agreement Matty has the power of the final decision, being the first to join the tourney.
Matty wrote:
Not a huge fan of the victron map, but it doesn't really matter for as far as it's not too large or too small a map.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Welcome Hoodlum! I was just wondering why Hood doesn't join such a beautiful tourney. :)

Hurry up guys, 3 spots left!

Thanks Matty, not too large not too small... Well I don't know what is the best size for 6p games, I would say around 60 territories, but I think everything from 42 to 78 can stay.

Maybe we can pair Mediterranean States, that is a bit larger than 60, with Westeros & Essos that is a bit smaller. They also are one classic old map and a new modern one of the site.