Experimental Tournaments
  • 151 posts
  • Page 5 of 11
Matty wrote:
Sooo, this is an interesting problem we have here. We seem to have a stalemate in our game. We're a bit too good at protecting eachother and turning in with three cards. Happends, but what to do now? We're soo not getting a 3 player final, and a restart will take quite a bit of time.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
My only idea now is that the highest seed alive gets the win.

This way we either have a winner or we force the players to try to reduce numbers.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Matty wrote:
Forcing to reduce numbers works only in fixed card games, in increasing games that's bacially equal to cheating (or it doesn't help).

I'm not sure what you mean with the highest seed alive.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
Yea I guess so.

Highest seed alive means taking the qualification rank and give the win to the highest ranked.

01. maafi
02. Matty <--
03. Fendi
04. 4960epic
05. Sygmassacre <--
06. Henris_1
07. The_Bishop
08. aeronautic
09. Hoodlum <--
10. emjaydee
11. supiachao <--
12. Cireon

Then we would give Matty the game because he's ranked 2nd. Not optimal but no other option (excluding a new game which would also be unfair).
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
Umh, I have no idea. We were worried by the possibility of a stalemate in the 4 player final game... But now we've got the stalemate with 6 players!

What ever you want to do it's okay for me. But basically I tend to declare the experiment failed. Even if someone would have won the game, still it would have been very long (including the final game), much longer than a single 9p game.

Perhaps it would have been better to set 3 games with 8 players (everybody playing 2) or 4 games with 9 players (everybody playing 3) or I don't know. Still the weak point is the final.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
There's no way I will accept the win just because I happend to have more points than some others before the game started.

Yeah, the weak point really is the stalemate. In the final it's even more likely...
The_Bishop wrote:
Matty, if you want you go in the final with emjaydee, Fendi and maafi. Just to test how the final works. There's no stealing of points or anything.
The_Bishop wrote:
The idea of solving the game with a vote could be good, but then, who's the winner if the votes are equal among two?
Antonis_xania wrote:
i havent been watching the games but if you dont want stalemate with 6p deathmatch i think the best maps are med-states and italy, they have many small regions and the game is a lot faster because the players try to take the regions and not just a card every turn

or you could always play caps

Matty wrote:
The_Bishop - Nov 29, 02:30 PM
Matty, if you want you go in the final with emjaydee, Fendi and maafi. Just to test how the final works. There's no stealing of points or anything.
Kinda busy right now, better if someone else like Sygmassacre plays the final I guess.
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay, let's say every one vote for the Most Valuable Player in the game.
Only the alive players have right to vote.

In case of a tie an external referee will add his vote for tie-breaking.
The external referee it's me, as I followed the game, but I hope not to have to vote really.
Matty wrote:
The problem is that Hood had a good chance of winning at some point. So did Syg, and me and supiachao, well, we did as well.

The problem was that things were just a bit not right away.

I don't know a MVP for our game.