Pairs Tournaments (hosted by Hoodlum)
  • 450 posts
  • Page 11 of 30
HammerTime wrote:
thanks Axo...for your sense of haha.. :) you make me laugh pretty much daily :)..when i come on here first thing i look for is *what did Axo say today...lol..
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
Hoodlum wrote:
PAIRS UPDATE

WORLD CLASSIC TOURNAMENT WINNER = HutTrain
Image (click to show)
GB & IRELAND TOURNAMENT FINALIST = HutTrain vs Transmogrifiers
Image (click to show)
[size=14]WATCH GAME[/size]

NEW ZEALAND TOURNAMENT (First round still playing)
Image (click to show)

Team Dominator (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Aren't you including the first ever D12 pairs tournament from the days before Team Game options, there's 7 points DFA are missing for winning that. ^^ Now that was difficult, where you couldn't reinforce or fortify your team mate and had no fortification links via your team mate either, you had to kill each other to link your own troops, but we still managed to beat Generals!!
We had to be manually placed in alternate playing positions.
We had to ask for the game to be ended once all opponents were killed and points and Stats had to be manually allocated.

Q: How will this table work, we were not in the first pairs tournament on World Classic?

BTW we are in round 2 on NZ.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
i thought of adding the first pairs tournament but couldnt find all the games and opposition teams. I would add other teams points if someone did the research.

Interesting how you played pairs back in the day, reminds me of what we use to do for RISK 2. Back since 1999, I had been playing team games and ran a team game ladder. I'm pretty sure the concept was birthed there, well at least for online. Then when risk variants like conquer club started, you could play them there. Everything was manually set up, from choosing territories, placing 2 on every territory, and going consecutively for fairness. If we wanted specific partners we had to relaunch a CD possibly several times to get the 1&3 vs 2&4 order. we did this for tournament games (live play only) but for casual ladder games we just went with random partners. forget about trying to do a 2v2v2 to get the right partners lol. Team games were played more often, because they were time convenient and had a good chance of actually finishing. The ladder i started back in the day is still active with the stragglers who I havent quite converted to d12 :). GM_SFH ran it more recently, and now it's being run by KOE_Doja. online risk dinosaurs.

Team games here are just perfect. But anything would be I guess, with what I was use to for a long time :)
aeronautic wrote:
Here is the webpage I made to list teams and results.
All the old avatars made for the tournament have been removed from my server to save space, but all the text information is still there.
A lot of these players are no longer at D12.
http://www.the-inkstore.co.uk/frame/D12_2013_2v2_Tournament.htm

The standings table shows who went out first round etc, by the points system.

(Edit)
Check out the details below the table.. LOL "Tests are being done for a new 4 team tournament and the possibility of team games on D12 in the future."

There's a link at the bottom that takes you to the game reference page:
http://www.the-inkstore.co.uk/frame/D12_2013_2v2_Tournament_page2.htm
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
at this moment while pairs tournaments are underway there are going to be repeat teams in tournaments, so it's likely that most teams already played may get a place in the first t.o.c tournament anyway. as we do more, then, highest placed dominating teams will get position.. after the qualifiers (finalists of any of the previous 4 tournaments).

hope that makes sense,.that time of the night for me.. will update stuff soon
Hoodlum wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS to team HutTrain again!! WOW
both earned +71 points extra. (doubling what you earned in all 4 games)

Game 1 16 + Game 2 19 + Game 3 18 + Game 4 18 = +71
GB & IRELAND 2v2
[image]

SETTINGS
GB & IRELAND map / Deathmatch / Chained / Increasing cards

This tournament will start with 16 teams (32 players). A default team name will be given to you or you can choose a team name.

It is a basic knock out tournament. The winning team will have won all 4 games.

Semi finalists and winning teams qualify to enter a future TEAM OF CHAMPIONS tournament.

TOURNAMENT SET UP(image will update with tournament progress) (click to show)

Games have been pre set up and ready to go. Wait for your invite or private message from the tournament director.

KNOCKOUT ROUND 01 (click to show)

KNOCKOUT ROUND 02 (click to show)

SEMI FINALS (click to show)

FINALE (click to show)

This tournament will be seeded match ups according to previous match winnng form in tournaments. Teams with the most wins will start at opposite ends of the tournament set up for potential epic finals rematches

Registered Teams for this tournament (click to show)

aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Hood, I put more info on my post above.

Congrats to HutTrain.
Hoodlum wrote:
NEW ZEALAND 2v2
[image]

SETTINGS
NEW ZEALAND map / Deathmatch / Chained / Increasing cards

This tournament will start with 16 teams (32 players). A default team name will be given to you or you can choose a team name.

Semi finalists and winning teams qualify to enter a future TEAM OF CHAMPIONS tournament.

Games have been pre set up and ready to go. Wait for your invite or private message from the tournament director.

FINALE (click to show)

This tournament will be seeded match ups according to previous match winnng form in tournaments. Teams with the most wins will start at opposite ends of the tournament set up for potential epic finals rematches

Hoodlum wrote:
Team Dominator (click to show)
HammerTime wrote:
thats no Train my friend...thats a STEAMROLLER lol..wow...congrats to HuTrain
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
Hoodlum wrote:
Tournament Origin check out the first games

I've added the Original pairs tournament from 2013
(hosted by lifeinpixels) to this pairs tournament thread. (TOURNAMENT 1, is the same format as these tournaments) Teams that won, have been added to the dominating team list, and can qualify for the up-coming T.O.C Tournament of Champions Tourney

#0rigin (5 Aug, 2013) World Classic 2v2 Knockout (click to show)
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks Hood, it's nice to see that the pairs tournaments have become popular as they were originally intended to, but it's all down to the organiser and how well they do their voluntary job and you have handled this tournament with military precision & efficiency!!!
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hoodlum - Sep 17, 02:01 PM
NEW ZEALAND 2v2
[image]

SETTINGS
NEW ZEALAND map / Deathmatch / Chained / Increasing cards

FINALE (click to show)

Final Game of Round 1 - Completed.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
ok... sign ups for tournament 4. The last one of a series of 4 before the Tournament of Champions. Who's in?

1. TP_Knighty & KoE_Doja
2. Tibel & ?
3. Alpha Dogs
4. GrandMasters
5. killumall
6. Transmogrifiers
7. DeathFromAbove
8. Virtuosity98 & ?
9. Loki & Bosler
10. GM_SFH &