What they are for, how they are calculated, and a discussion about the reputation system
  • 104 posts
  • Page 6 of 7
Vexer wrote:
The problem is that 'many times by different players in different games' is not well defined. It has to be exactly defined for a computer to process it. How many is many? I could decide on some value for many but I wouldn't really know if it was right.

The current process for these situations is to message a moderator and they can review the log and send the second report.
hawkfanlm wrote:
If a person skips turns during a team game, does it hurt their reputation score worse than a free for all game? In a team game, another persons ranking/points are on the line as well, so you are not only hurting yourself by skipping turns or quitting.
Vexer wrote:
Not currently. How much more should it hurt their score? Right now 1 point is taken off their score for every game out of the last 100 in which they miss a turn. Should 2 points be taken off for missing turns in team games? In that case it would be possible to have a negative score.

Or we could have a separate score for attendance in team games.
hawkfanlm wrote:
Now that I think about it, I don't think it would even matter. If you are playing with strangers, you usually will pick "random teams" anyways. This means that you wouldn't know who you are playing with until after the game has actually started. At that point it would be too late to back out of being their teammate.

The easy solution would be to just pick "join order teams", which would only have the opportunity to screw over the person or people that are teamed with the last player to join. (if the last to join had a bad attendance rep) But that still has the possibility of hurting somebody which is what this site would want to avoid. The other solution would be to make it that if a person had a low enough attendance rep (I'm not sure what that number would be considering I think 1 missed move in a team game could be devastating for the team, especially late in the game), then that person would be ineligible for team games.

I'm really just throwing out a suggestion or more of just a thought on the subject. I don't have that much of a stake in it considering when I play team games, it is usually not with random people on the site.
Vexer wrote:
How about coding it so that you have to have an attendance score 95 and above in order to be able to join a random team game?
elysium5 wrote:
That is a VERY good idea, Vexer.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Matty wrote:
Attendance score does not go down with resigning right?

If so, good idea.
If not, probably also a good idea, as you don't want random team members to resign, but that'll be less of an issue.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
Attendance score does go down if you resign mid game because you will auto miss two turns. If there are only two players left or someone wins before you miss a turn then it does not go down.

I'll try and remember to add this next time I'm in the join game code. Or maybe this is a reason to work on it this weekend.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Question: Would you be able to join a random teams game by invite if your attendance was too low? Mine is 90, although I still think that I am a reliable turn-taker.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Vexer wrote:
90 is bad. You need to work on that. 1 in 10 games you miss a turn. That is just unacceptable risk for your potential teammate. Teammates have to be reliable or they are a liability.

I don't think it's fair for an invite to override the rule because it might not be the player who invited you that gets stuck with you.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Vexer said:
I don't think it's fair for an invite to override the rule because it might not be the player who invited you that gets stuck with you.
Ah yes that makes sense.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Madagascarter wrote:
Still a lot of people's missed turn rank is because they start live games and don't have time to finish. During LTG it's different.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Axobongo wrote:
100 games are too many before the attendance score returns to 100.
even if it were 20-30 games, repeat offenders would maintain a lower score and be spotted.
 its been a year since we have had this? and my attendance score has not returned to 100 once.

basically, if i resign a game before i complete 100 games it goes down a number ,,and the 100 game counter starts again? is that it?

this is very demanding, and i think i am not one who often gets booted for abandoning games, if it ever happened it was a fair resignation choice, or a fluke ( emergency, surprise visitors or more typically, connection problem or power failure)

i am penalized for 6 boots ( includes the resignation) and they were spaced out over time, but before i got 100 games completed. Maybe my average is 6 times a year,, is that so bad? if this remains my pattern, i will only go down in score

to add to the problem, if someone decides to use attendance score as a requirement for tourneys, decent responsible players can get excluded.

could attendance score lead to banning? at my rate, it will always go down , never up, if i have one mishap or resignation before completing 100 games.. its a parma-taint

maybe it should be based on turns?
or less games?
in any case, i think chronic repeat offenders will be easier to spot if this score repairs faster, resign abusers still wont get back to 100