What they are for, how they are calculated, and a discussion about the reputation system
  • 104 posts
  • Page 3 of 7
oliver wrote:
bluebird trying to defend his way of suicide.... the only player i have in my avoid list is now a moderator? oh my god come for me
Abandono el juego por el trato recibido.
bluebird005vis wrote:
Oliver learn to read, where does it say i'm a moderator?
When did I suicide against you?
The admin's and moderators concluded you where the 1 who suicided and tried to team up not me.
You are 1 of the biggest hypocrites on this site.
We are both on each other's avoid list so we will not be playing anymore games with each other in the future so whatever ratings you get will be your own doing not mine.
Why then are you still complaining?
If your future opponents report you for violating the rules it will be looked at be someone other than me.
But then again taking credit for your own behavior is not in your dictionary is it?
oliver wrote:
Vexer
I've developed a reputation system for the site with the help of bluebird005vis and the staff.
I am afraid... ;)
oliver wrote:
And no, all players in that game didn't give you the reason (any admin included)... Actually no one did it. So, the fact that you are giving lessons of fair play now is a little disturbing.
oliver wrote:
bluebird005vis: Your getting on my nevers oliver, even more than life.

oliver: i cant forget a suicide like this one...
lifeinpixels: what... why bluebird? Really
lifeinpixels: oliver help me balance out this game!
maafi: gg
oliver: why? because he needs a guilty man when he is losing
lifeinpixels: gg maafi.
lifeinpixels: that was a poor way to end this bluebird.
maafi: Agreed. But I'd also point out that the way you and Oliver were going to end the game earlier was also poor.

"also poor way to end" vs. "suicide of bluebird"

And you give us lessons now...

oliver wrote:
And sorry, i know this is not the place for theese comments...
bluebird005vis wrote:
You see what you want to see as allways oliver, I especially like that you fail to remember that the admin's put cheater next to your rank after your attempted teaming and subsequent suicide.
I never said the other players in that game agreed with me but the admin's and moderators that reviewed that game afterwards sure did come to conclusion that you violated the rules.
As for lifeinpixels moderating in that game, well lets say there are quite a few other players, moderators and admin's that had some serious doubts about lifeinpixels lack of reaction when it came to your repeated rulebreaking in that and other games.
But lifeinpixels has apologized for his initial lack of response to your actions and had this to say after that game:

12:26 AM, 01 March 2014
First of all, I did not say that Oliver didn't suicide in that Japan game. What he did was not ok, but I thought that he was only making a point and wouldn't do it again.

I do not like to share private messages with others but I told Oliver that he broke the site rules and if he did it again there would be consequences.

After looking over the game you linked, it seems like he has taken it too far. I have not notice any suicides in games I've been in but I guess he is worse in others. I've filed a complaint with the other staff and I'll update you with what we decide to do.

So keep on spewing lies oliver if you like but everyone that reviewed that game and a few games after that came to the same conclusion.
You suicided, attempted to team up and broke nearly every rule there is.
The fact that you still refuse to take any responsibility for your awful behavior proves that you've learned nothing.
Go find a mirror and take a long hard look at yourself.
oliver wrote:

It is easy to say others: Hey, have you seen that game log? oliver has spend all his troops against me, look at the numbers!
You ruined that game, I know it, lifeinpixels knows it, and maafi knows it, and that is the question (they were playing).

You provoked me on chat and you provoked me in the game, and then you came inside my region with all your troops, broking all my bonuses, leaving all your territories with no defense.

In a game close to a stalemate, you decided who had to die, the player you don't like, and without any option to win.
Are you sure you didn't broke any rule? Really? You hypocrite.

Some posts above you said that a player can use all his forces playing to live, and that is not considered a suicide. You read the rules according to suits.

And no, no admin told me nothing about to being a cheater or a suicider after that game.
They sent me a pm for my comments in our present game.

Administrator
....An official strike has been placed on your account in case this issue comes up again.....

And thanks to this Vexer gave me my avoid list.

If people tells you what you want to hear (and so stop bothering), congratulations!

And now, come on , and try to become a moderator, and stop ruining games to people you don't like.
tramadol wrote:
I think this thread has gone a bit off topic!
Guys can't you sort this out by PM? I've lost track of the progress of the Reputation Scores system.
Vexer wrote:
Yeah, nice job ruining this thread. You do know that this thread is linked to in the news post and on the report player tab. It was supposed to be an official thread and you too have muddied it up.

I don't have time to clean it up either.

Vexer wrote:
Sygmassacre - May 8, 10:08 AM
Can we at least have some transparency with regards to who reported you and why? E.g I have been docked a point from my fair play total and have no idea why. I dont intentionally murder/suicide and im pretty sure i haven't insulted anyone. If there is something im doing wrong i would like the opportunity to rectify my behaviour but without knowing what, it is hard to do so

You bring up a good point. I've been thinking about this here and there all day. This is what I came up with. When you click on 'Game History' or 'Turns' on the left you see options for pending games, active games and finished games. I could add 'Report Sent' and 'Report Received' so that you can get a list of all the games you've been reported in and all the games you have reported.

Then in the game I could add a tab next to the log titled 'View Reports' which would list all the reports for the game telling you who was reported and for what. I think for now I won't show who sent the report because I don't want someone to hold back their report because they don't want to be yelled at for sending it. After the reporting system is widely known and used then I would consider including the reporters name in the list.
BrewDog wrote:
Vexer
[Yeah, nice job ruining this thread/quote]

lol. That sure did get ugly quick. Thunderdome time! I failed on my 1st attempt to quote...
killrick wrote:
back to the topic at hand {i like the thunderdome idea brew}
what about reporting good and fair play,chat....for extra credit?
help those that have made an error in judgment rite there wrongs
in a day in age that little johnny sits in the corner on a "time out"instead of getting sent to the wood shed for a good ol fashon beating we should reward little johnny for good behavior.
probably not realistic but just throwin it out there for ya all to chew on
Sygmassacre wrote:
Thanks Vexer, that's a pretty good idea. Obviously there needs to be a check on serial reporters for imagined slights, which has been addressed earlier in this thread, and giving names of reporters can start a bunch of heated arguments between players, but we should be given the chance to discuss things like adults. Maybe you can also let it be known that anyone using reports against them to justify venting against and harassing accusers would break the house rules and result in not being able to view reports as well as the obvious penalties that come with harassing others....(kind of a "three strike, you're out" deal).
 I have been in games where people have gone off at bad play (I've done this before myself), and I have been in games where bad play has been met with friendly coaching and helpful pointers on different strategies (now my normal way of handling things), so there are people on this site able to interact with class and dignity.

I like killrick's idea above. It will help create some positive vibes around the new system
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Vexer wrote:
The way the score is calculated you already get credit for a game in which you didn't get reported.

Giving positive feedback is also something bluebird005vis suggested when we designed this. It complicates things quite a bit on the programming end which is why it didn't make it into the first version. I'll keep thinking of ways to get it to work but no promises.