What they are for, how they are calculated, and a discussion about the reputation system
  • 104 posts
  • Page 5 of 7
HiErebody wrote:
Why is it in many games I can't see a player or two in the report player tab? Or I can see them, but I can't report them, the report button is grey? 
Is it just me experience this?
HiErebody wrote:
No one did anything wrong, but the report button is grey for me. So if I wanted to report someone for harassing or something, it wouldn't let me.
Vexer wrote:
Have you tried other browsers? I am trying to figure out if your computer is the problem or your account.
HiErebody wrote:
it works on IE. Why wouldn't it work on FF?
I would think that if it wasn't going to work on FF, it wouldn't work at all. But sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it shows all players names, sometimes only a couple. ...Weird.
Vexer wrote:
No specific clue on why some things work on this browser but not that but in general different browsers have different code so they are bound to behave differently from time to time. Some browsers follow standards better than others.

Also you could have browser add-ons that are messing things up. Do you have any install for Firefox. This seems like a likely culprit since you are the only one reporting problems. Try using firefox on another machine and see if you get the same problems.

Just to make sure we are clear, you saying that it always works in IE and sometimes works in Firefox?

HiErebody wrote:
Right, works on IE the two times I've tried. Only sometimes works on Firefox. I've tried firefox on 3 different machines, it's my default browser and I swear by it. I keep my browsers pretty bare-bones so its not any "add-ons". I have only basic extensions (Flash, Office,etc). Again, its weird that it works sometimes and not messed up all the time. I'll give up here unless someone else has the same problem. Reporting people is not really my top priority, so not planning on switching browsers for it.
Vexer wrote:
I'll try and use firefox whenever I'm taking turns and see if I can replicate it.
Matty wrote:
I took the liberty of changing your password hash for a little while, which allowed me to login to your account - don't worry, didn't read any messages and I don't know your password - I always use the latest firefox (31), checked on windows 7 and I can see the report button on game 343744.

So I really think you changed something weird at some point, because it's a problem on your end.

If you have a bare firefox with only minimal addons and stuff, you can just hard reset the entire browser, I guess that'll solve it.

link hard reset
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Tayrona wrote:
So, you are saying that two players are needed to agree to report a third one, which I find ok. But what if one player gets reported many times by different players in different games? I think the system should recognize this, if a player gets reported many times even if he/she only gets reported by one player at a time. For instance (this happened to me 30 minutes ago), at the end there are 3 players left, and it turns out that two of them were teaming up from the beggining. So, I was the third player but was the only one to see their cheat. I didn't report them cause they were rookies but warned them that if I saw them playing together then I would, if they teamed up again. And as they were rookies there was a chance they were just commiting silly mistakes (that led to me getting easily eliminated).