A place to warn others
  • 141 posts
  • Page 8 of 10
Crystal wrote:
Please send me these in a PM, I just don't get here often enough....
Stratosphere wrote:
I had a very interesting game just now game 379294
http://www.dominating12.com//?cmd=game&sec=play&id=379294

The worst thing about suiciders like coconut is that they dont accept their mistake and start to annoy you when you try to be nice to them and share your experience with them..

Beside that also the game suddenly glitched when I was in a good position to win and I had to cancel the game lol

I wanted to make you aware of suiciders like coconut who also dont even want to learn...
farspaceplace wrote:
strat u are completely dissing coconut in a not nice way. dont know the game but it seems excessive
UltrasPlot wrote:
Guys, when Stratosphere bothers doing this he is already really pissed and upon review I agree with his judgment of the situation. Especially the fact that anyone wouldn't want to listen to honest advice from him. He's the Dominator. (The single star, by the way, does not mean SUICIDE ON ME, it means you should probably listen to his advice) He knows how to play. If you disagree with him you MOST LIKELY DON'T. This applies to not only new players but also veterans who may have strategical lapses, including myself. FFS guys, he's the Dominator and the best trainer on the site.

:P (click to show)

But don't take my word for it. Try his advice for once and you'll probably find yourself winning a lot more. If it weren't for him I'd still be down at Corporal, or Sergeant if lucky.

Some people have a lesson to learn about arrogance...
Matty wrote:
Assuming he gives the advice in a helpful and humble way, I agree with you.
That is not always the case. I don't know about stratosphere (he seems to be a really nic guy) so it'll probably alrgiht, but someone having a shiney star doesn't mean everything.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
UltrasPlot wrote:
With Stratosphere it is always the case, in his own words - "If I don't want you do something I just won't say anything." I can corroborate that with 100+ games with him.
Stratosphere wrote:
Thanks for your support guys :).
I dont see myself the best at all, and I always make mistakes, and even play pure emotional and dumb rarely, ( I remember once I suicided on Matty just playing emotional LOL.. And I apologized Matty after that game )
But I think I can accept my mistakes, and try to avoid them. Also I dont have problem with anyone making mistakes.. Everyone makes mistakes and that how everyone evantually learns how to play and evolves. But the most annoying think is denying your mistake and seeing you suicide the best move... I always try to explain the people about their mistake humbly, but I get this response a lot:
" I was alright, I was in very good shape... I just needed one more round to turn in"
Oh come on.... How do you expect to see another round? You kill one without turn in and sit with 5 cards with 20 troops when turn in is on 60, and expect to see another round to turn in?
Be reasonable... You wont. Your very next player WILL kill you and turn in. Why would you stay alive one more turn to turn in?
I try to explain them humbly that your move is not good and anyone who can will definitely kill you to take your cards, but sometimes the response is:
" stop whining loser. You are a loser. If you knew how to play you werent dead know. At least I die after you so I played better than you. Dont cry baby. " and a lot of harassements...
Oh my god...
They really dont understand this game only have one winner? There is no ranking. There is no difference between who dies first and who dies last. When you die you lose. No matter when. There is no such thing as the first place, second place, etc...
There is ONE winner and the other are losers. No difference...
That game was a different case anyway..
Coconut kept killing my troops anywhere he could. Killing 7, killing 10, killing 5. Everywhere I had troops and every turn.
When I ask him why you keep killing my troops?
Someone has Europe defending with 2 troops, you have 10 troops adjacent to it. Why you kill my 7 instead of just taking a card or breaking Europe?
His answer: because you wanted to kill me...
Oh come on.. You have 40 troops and turn in is on 15.. Why should I even think about killing you?...
This goes on and every turn he killed a portion of my troops letting others to grow strong and weakening himself and myself. But I was lucky that he weakened himself more than me and I had an Oppurtunity to kill him for his cards and double turn in 40+45 when he had I think about 40 troops and 4 cards ( I dont remember exactly so I might be wrong about details )
And I was in an absolute winning position cause I could easily take next player and sweep the board. But the game glitched and I didnt take my turn in troops...
And then " you talk about suicide strat LOL " said coconut..
OMG..
I had nothing to do but to use my avoid list for the first time, and now I only have one player in my avoid list..
( that was not just because of that game, such cases happened a lot between me and coconut ).
The_Bishop wrote:
I enjoyed your explication Stratosphere. I mean it's pleasant to read and gives me the feeling we think similarly. I would say it's mainly about typical beginner attitudes, those are not suiciders they are just beginners.

But it looks like you found a "targetter" that is much worse. I also have one who target me in every game we play. I could use the avoid list but I decided to simply use password protected games. But now, that practically I am creating games by invitation, I am missing some beginners in the game. They make the games less predictable, and it can pleasant to teach them when they did some mistakes.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
It's good to see the use of this topic being done properly. Post Links, state your reasons and don't be disrespectful. My only comment about coconut at this time is that I just played a game he/she was in and this player missed both turns at the beginning of the game. Maybe it was a connection issue but who likes to sit around and wait in live games for players to time out? Ugghh...
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
aeronautic wrote:
Re: Stratosphere's Post #107 and full thoughts on these situations in Post #112.

I was once involved in such discussions because, as a regular player things like this mattered so much. I now don't play, but still like to point things out that might help the cause or bump an important thread.

I once felt I had narrowed down the suicide prone players or kamikazes into 2 categories:
aeronautic
(A) Someone just willing to give up their game to take out a particular player too.
(B) Genuinely believes it's a good move even though the outcome will leave them weaker than before they did it.
Apart from many other reasons which still fit in one or both of these categories, such as lottery players (Category A & B), I also stated that the category most needing ideas for combating the tendency was (A).
My reason for stating that was and is that any player who is doing something out of their current understanding or belief, can be educated or to put it a better way, if willing to listen, shown a better way to conduct their play.
However, anyone (Category A) who just likes to do whatever they want, whenever they want and doesn't care for the game, its outcome or the hard earned points of the players in their game are usually emotionally immature people and can't be reasoned with. Therefore, avoiding these seems to be the only option apart from using a password on your games. If everybody treated them with the contempt they deserve, they wouldn't be allowed into any games and MIGHT decide to change their attitude!

I see bluebird005vis stating that if something isn't done about the increase in such bad attitude to the game, he was finished and I just checked his profile to see, he doesn't play here any more and is no longer in the Player Ranks list. It is a real shame to lose so many good players lately. I really believe a lot of this will be sorted out when the players who don't really care about outcomes etc can play for fun instead of for points!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
elysium5 wrote:
berserker, please provide a game link and an analysis. Just throwing a name out there doesn't accomplish anything.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."