A place to warn others
  • 141 posts
  • Page 5 of 10
elysium5 wrote:
I, for one, will disagree that Urgul is a suicider. I've played three games with him and have seen no sign of bad play. You may not like his style, but when I win people don't like my style either!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
I also believe AF has a right to discuss who he thinks might be suiciders, politely of course, and provide information and evidence as to why he thinks so just like anyone else on this site can.

By discussing it in this thread we can all say why we think so and we can also defend ourselves by explaining why we think we are not.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
arschficker wrote:
urgul, this thread is to warn others. i'm not hating you, i'm just sharing my experience so that other players that intend to win games don't accidentally play with you and then say things that get them banned.
arschficker wrote:
elysium, as i said, he doesn't suicide in one turn but he tends to attack one player over and over again for no obvious reason till both are weak and hence easy prey for others. i don't remember any game that he won either. if a strategy leads to victory, i don't complain but try to immitate it. if, however, it makes you (and your victim) lose game after game, i have every right to warn others imho.
elysium5 wrote:
Fair enough, AF. Of the three games I have played him he beat me once and I feel that I'm a fairly decent player and although the tactics employeed seemed aggressive, they were certainly effective. Sometimes it takes players time to find a certain balance, however, sometimes tactics work great against some players and not so great against others and as we all learn to be better the only way to do so is to try different strategies.

When I first started I had a very laid back approach and crushed players because they did not expect that I actually had a plan to win. Now that I have more rank I'm not able to use that approach as my opponents expect that I have something up my sleave and don't leave me alone to be all sneaky:)

Suiciding, to me at least, means intentionally destroying yourself against another player for the sole purpose of ruining the game with no intention of trying to win yourself.

By this definition I do not believe Urgul is a suicider as I do not believe, at least in the games I have played with him, that he is trying to ruin someone's game on purpose with no intention of winning himself or when a player decides they don't want to play anymore and thoughs all of their troops a one player just to end it fast thus ruining their game and everyone else's in the process.

Good and/or bad STRATEGIES are a whole different matter and can be discussed in the strategy section. My 2 cents.
Thorpe wrote:
This horse is dead...move on...please
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
urgul wrote:
ooh. dead horses. ewwww.......
jk yes lets move on.
plz dont talk about people who arent suiciders on the suiciders.
this forum is for suiciders only

elysium5 wrote:
aww, just one more wack...pretty please?
urgul wrote:
oh sry elsyium i didnt mean to say it like that. sry. i was just curious. XD i hate it when i say something and it comes out the wrong way. online u can emphasize select words to show u how you mean a sentence. in real life u can.
elysium5 wrote:
No worries. Now get out there and take over the world!
arschficker wrote:
lasagna suicided on me after announcing it ("zaund you will must give me the thanks for that";). totally unneccessary, the game wasn't over for him yet.
urgul wrote:
thnx arschficker. but pls, can u send the link to future games of suiciders? that way we could audit what u said.
tryitonce wrote:
I just want to point out to you that if you would translate the name 'arschficker' into english the chosen name itself would be reason to ban him.
Not that I want him banned or support his possible ban but I never would choose such a name ........ It's so abusive ....