The World Dominator Tournament
  • 282 posts
  • Page 12 of 19
FightingDucks wrote:
Oh, yeah - I'll split that bounty with whoever kills him out of this. Just message me the game to let me know
General_Ender wrote:
I have played with Robit for a long time, he does not do murder suicide. He plays to win so I am sure his plan didn't pan out. I personally think a bounty is worse then a murder suicide. So just claim down and wait for the next tournament.
periwinkle wrote:
General_Ender
I have played with Robit for a long time, he does not do murder suicide. He plays to win so I am sure his plan didn't pan out. I personally think a bounty is worse then a murder suicide. So just claim down and wait for the next tournament.

Yup.....tournament like these brings out interesting characters and personalities!  One more game left to complete and hopefully we will start the ordering phase soon. 
periwinkle is online.
periwinkle wrote:
Yes that was! :)

I will be sending a messages with instructions sometime today.....stay tuned

Here is the updated map after round 1

[image]

[image]
periwinkle is online.
periwinkle wrote:
Time to send me your attacking orders. You have 48 hours. Here is a count down clock. https://countingdownto.com/?c=4521696
periwinkle is online.
periwinkle wrote:
Round 2 has begun! You have 25 days to complete your games or it is a draw and the owner keeps their territory. Message me if there is an error within the first round. Here is a countdown clock https://countingdownto.com/?c=4523688
Good Luck!
periwinkle is online.
Xixi2 wrote:
I really like the way this tournament works. That's a fantastic idea. I hope there will be more in the future.
Great job, periwinkle !

I would also love to see / try:
  • Same style but your attack orders can also be defense orders. If you do not defend a territory, you do not participate if someone attacks it. (so you should probably have more orders so you can defend and attack on the first round). At some point, you need to decide between defending or leaving some territories vulnerable to keep attacking.
  • Same tournament but rounds are shorter and a battle can last several rounds (if the fight is not over). No one can attack a territory that is already in battle, and the orders of the participants are locked for the duration of the conflict. It would reflect armies getting entrenched in huge conflicts versus small armies going from small conflict to small conflict.
  • Same tournament but with teams. If players from the same team attack / defend the same territory, they get two armies in the fight. Haven't thought this one through ...

I'm sure I'm missing some weakness in these ideas, or some other rule that could be cool. What do you think ?
periwinkle wrote:
thank you! xixi2 :)

thanks for your ideas....i'll start with the last point, yes i have a map ready for a team version of this....just waiting for some tournaments to clear up since we have quite a few running at the moment (plus i've got some players that i would love to partner/team with and i'm trying to spread the periwinkle love around! :P )

I thought about how to make shorter rounds....1v1 are typically the shortest in terms of time...next are multiplayers....i find the longest games are the 1v1v1...not sure how i can make the shorter without cutting the game short. players like a constant number of games going to keep them engage...but i'll sit and think about it some more.

interesting....never thought about defense orders...this might make the tournament last longer. i'll also have to sit and think this one through....

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback! much appreicated! :)
periwinkle is online.
Xixi2 wrote:
For the shorter round, my suggestion would be to limit the round to a certain number of days.

Past this number of days, players in games that are still going can either :
  • unanimously declare the player with the most troops the winner
  • or all must use some attack orders from their next round to keep the current game going
Games that go multiple rounds cannot be joined by new people.

As for the length of the tournament, I'm not sure it is such a big issue compared to other tournament types. In normal tournaments, you are just waiting to see who is the winner. In this, you are slowly building your empire. I could play this all year -although with the option to have some other players take my turns when I go on holidays.
periwinkle wrote:
Ah...that is a neat idea. I like it. Perhaps next year....lol 

Currently the defender wins after 25 days...to give the game a chance. I could shorten it to 20 for the next year. I'm currently collecting data to see how many days is a good length.
periwinkle is online.
dough_boy wrote:
I thought about if a game was still going at the date, the defender would win. But then you just have incentive for the defender to extend all of their times, and take 24 hours to delay as long as possible. I think even Xixi2's suggestions wouldn't work because if I am a defender I won't agree to declare anyone the winner. I guess the attackers using their attack order for the next round could work, but you run into what if one attacker wants to, but another doesn't (they are in a weaker position)? How do you remove one person, but not another? Even if they time out, it could create an unfair advantage to the remaining attacker over the defender depending on where the neutrals now are.

I think the only "fair" thing to do would be to submit an attack order with preference. So I attack A or B. First come first serve. There is a max limit of 2 attackers per territory. Single games are done or close, several of the 3 person games are done. There is one 4 person that might be the longest.

I think it would also be interesting to not allow you to attack the same territory in back-to-back rounds.

Other than having to wait I find it fun and different.
periwinkle wrote:
Yes, I thought about that too. I think the only fair way is to allow the game to complete on it's own. Typically 25 is long enough for most games to finish....especially with increasing cards. At that point,it's pretty much a stalemate and the defender keeps their tert. Im always looking into other options to improve on what we have tho. I like "kicking tires" to get there. :)
periwinkle is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
The first round I managed to win a 4p game and conquered a tournament territory, the second round I managed to lose all three 2p games and lost all I had! Poor me! :( Actually I'm not used to play 1v1 DM, I always play 1v1 Cap's. And, nothing... I am out, but thanks anyway for the nice experience, especially to Periwinkle who's doing a great job running this! :)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein