In honour of the Fifa world cup
  • 169 posts
  • Page 8 of 12
elysium5 wrote:
DreamStreet
caseydentino
HS, I think it was the wrong decision to begin the tournament early and is sure to leave some players with a sour taste. As others have stated this has caused several people to miss their turns, myself included, and affected attendance scores. Please address this. My advice would be to start over any games which have ended due to missed turns, and pause all games until tomorrow, when you said several times the tournament would start.

Exactly! I also want to add that while no games ended, missing a turn can cost you the whole game. And the last turns I took yesterday, I was under a lot of pressure to take them when I really could NOT focus, because time was running out, and I didn't make wise moves at all.

While I can see caseydentino's point as those were the only games they missed turns in, you are jumping on the bandwagon when in reality, you also missed turns in other active games that had you taken properly, you would not have missed your turns in this tournament.

Another tournament you were already in:
https://dominating12.com/game/1355528

A team game where your missed turn not only affects you, but affects your team mates and others in the game as well:
https://dominating12.com/game/1357486

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
DreamStreet wrote:
HS0602
Ok guys I'm really sorry for being impatient. I'll talk to maafi about this.

How about restarting the tournament?

Fine with Me! I have more time now!
DreamStreet wrote:
elysium5
DreamStreet
caseydentino
HS, I think it was the wrong decision to begin the tournament early and is sure to leave some players with a sour taste. As others have stated this has caused several people to miss their turns, myself included, and affected attendance scores. Please address this. My advice would be to start over any games which have ended due to missed turns, and pause all games until tomorrow, when you said several times the tournament would start.

Exactly! I also want to add that while no games ended, missing a turn can cost you the whole game. And the last turns I took yesterday, I was under a lot of pressure to take them when I really could NOT focus, because time was running out, and I didn't make wise moves at all.

While I can see caseydentino's point as those were the only games they missed turns in, you are jumping on the bandwagon when in reality, you also missed turns in other active games that had you taken properly, you would not have missed your turns in this tournament.

Another tournament you were already in:
https://dominating12.com/game/1355528

A team game where your missed turn not only affects you, but affects your team mates and others in the game as well:
https://dominating12.com/game/1357486

I understand where you are coming from, but that was another tournament that I committed to ages ago that I had no idea how long would last, etc. The other team game, I expected it to be over already. I am not trying to make excuses for missing turns in those other games, but the fact is, I joined those others a lot earlier.

The rules do say that if you know you will be in a place where you might not have internet or the time to take turns, do NOT join new games. I already knew I would be busy those days and likely not have the time to go online. Therefore, I said in advance that I would not be available those days. I cannot do anything about the games I already joined a while before then, but I definitely can stop joining new games. And still missing turns in like 2 other games is better than missing 5 turns. Again, I am not making excuses for the two other games, but I still don't find it as a justified reason to add me to more games when I clearly said I think it would be best to start the tournament after, and the tournament organizer even confirmed that and said that the tournament will start on Jan 2. 
elysium5 wrote:
DreamStreet
HS0602
Hey guys, what do you say we start the tournament today itself? I thought registrations would end only at the end of the year.
I understand if you say no, you're going out for Christmas and whatnot.

I am fine either way, but how about we wait for the New Year? I will be away from Dec 27-Jan 2. I should have internet but will be extremely busy, and it might be very easy for me to completely forget to go to D12 and check for turns. I'll try to remember if we start, but I'm not sure if I'll trust myself to remember because I will be occupied with things for most of the day.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
HS0602 wrote:
Ok, we will restart the tournament and an admin will reset the statistics and all that.

I'll get to work and it might start in a few hours. The thing is I just returned from work.
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
HS0602 wrote:
Okay, so while maafi works on doing that, I'll create a new tournament page and create the games. Sounds okay?
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
HS0602 wrote:
Okay. Just created the new tournament page.
HS0602 wrote:
Round 1 and 2 games have started(again). Round 3 will start a bit late, maybe tomorrow.
DreamStreet wrote:
Thank you so much for restarting @Hs0602 !!! This really makes my day! Now I can actually play for REAL!!!
HS0602 wrote:
All group games have been started.
MacEohaid wrote:
Xixi2
I won all of the game in group D so far because my opponents missed two turns. My guess is they will agree with DreamStreet when they come back.
Yeah, I was one of them, I was expecting to start on Jan 2nd. I missed all my turns and was already sunk when I got back from vacation. I didn't even log back on figuring that I was out of the competition. Not sure what the plan is. I read about that first round being replayed or something to that effect. Hope we can get a redo due to the moderator getting an unexpected early start of the championship. Honestly I read before Christmas that the games would begin on the 2nd and didn't even log on until then and then found out I was done. Here's to a good competition!
The_Bishop wrote:
I saw the mismatch and I feel with HS0602, which I think is doing a good job with this tournament. Sometimes happens that the tournament organiser is more excited than the participants and can't wait to start it when everything is ready! Me too I made that mistake in the past, with less impact though because it was multiplayer not 1v1, so I can understand. Plus, it's not easy to establish the exact day... However the issue looks solved now, that's why I've just said "Good luck all", let's forget the false start guys and focus on playing at your best! :)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein