What will they look like?
  • 390 posts
  • Page 20 of 26
Cireon wrote:
I am currently in a new apartment without a proper internet connection. Together with a full-time job I have to manage now, I won't be able to program anything until April. Blame the horrible UK internet providers for that :| I am happy to work on the ranks as soon as I get back up and running though.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Cireon wrote:
Surprise!

Look! Shadows!

(You may have to ctrl-refresh)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
aeronautic wrote:
Wow, thanks Cireon, they look so much better on the site.
I just looked at the Game Windows to see how they looked there too and they sit lovely.
Now we can also see the colour differences properly and hopefully, this will encourage Premium purchases.

Thanks for your time on this.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
Turns out pretty much all of the layout adjusted itself without much issue. I had to reposition the banned-tag a bit so I hope that still sits fine.

Also, the Field Marshal rank is already in the spreadsheets, so that could be added at any point if we want to.
aeronautic wrote:
Even better news!
Field Marshal is Bishop's suggestion and because there was no negative feedback about it, I thought I'd save myself time on reworking the sprite and plopped it on just in case.
I am not seeing any "Banned" players in the Player Ranks page (they used to be on the last page I think?) perhaps they are removed after a period?!

@Bishop, what are your plans / proposals for the additional Field Marshall rank.... this thread is now back on you mate!

Thanks again Cireon !

(Edit) I will add the Ranks PSD here soon for use by all who wish to make new colours.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
My proposal is:
2 stars & 2 bars = Field Marshal = 6000 points required.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
Here is the Photoshop source (KIT) of Ranks for anyone who wishes to make new colours.
It's a bit big with many hundreds of layers, but most things are in folders.
https://www.the-inkstore.co.uk/map_resources/ranks/Ranks-KIT.psd

2.03Mb
aeronautic wrote:
Bump
https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/980/premium-ranks/post/41218#post-41218

The Field Marshal rank is already in the spreadsheet if players and staff agree to a new extra rank?

My view is that more players are getting to the top rank now and so that we haven't got Generals with big point differences, I believe Field Marshal will show the increased experience & points earned.
Seem as Bishop's proposal is 6000 points, it's possible that nobody has earned this rank yet and it will be something to strive for... keeping the interest in progress even when you're at the top.
TheMachiavelli wrote:
Seeing as Slackbatter was already at over 7k last time we checked, we might need more. Perhaps a Supreme Commander (I'd add of the Allied Forces, but that could lead to teaming accusations).
aeronautic wrote:
Back last year we overhauled the player ranks and also introduced new colour choices for premium players.
While we were restructuring the actual ranks / points, there was discussion about an additional rank of Field Marshal requiring 6000 points.

[image]

The ranks is highlighted inside the two horizontal black lines above and has already been added to the D12 stylesheet, it is just awaiting a decision by the players and staff of; whether or not you would like it added to the achievable ranks?

We need some feedback for this, so just post a reply of Yes / No
dough_boy wrote:
I guess I am not following. Field Marshall isn't US (I think) which I think these ranks are currently based on? But we want to add it above a regular US general position? Also, I see you have a 3 star "general" in your list above, but it doesn't appear available for purchase.
aeronautic wrote:
3 Stars = Dominator

Everything bar the Field Marshal rank is in use.
No the ranks are not based on US ranks, they are a mix of most of the English speaking World ranks and therefore are generic.
The current ranks have been discussed in great depth and had a makeover last year, they were not always labelled or batched the way they are now (above).

It's Yes / No for this.