Because it’s in the way
  • 87 posts
  • Page 1 of 6
vikingo1337 wrote:
The current position of the ‘Server time’ text makes it hard to see what is written in the first 1-2 lines of Game/Team Chat. Even if it is minimised. It’s a rather annoying little problem that makes communication more difficult during a game.

I therefore propose that the text is moved out of the way, so that it is no longer in the way. If it for instance were to be moved up by one line of text, in effect lifting it out of the chat boxes, then the issue would be solved, and the text would still be visible.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
ProblemChild96 wrote:
I always just give a ...        
For the first line of chat
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Matty wrote:
Do you have a proposed place for the server time? Can you make a screenshot and paste it in, just to see if it fits?

Please do it with the site on the small display (1024 px wide browser window), so we can see how that works.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
ProblemChild96 wrote:
It should fit in the space to the side of the notes tab
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
vikingo1337 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

I believe I already hinted at a possible new position for it: next to the Notes section. As mentioned above by PC.

Collapsing/minimising it helps, but does not solve the problem completely in my opinion.

Having the Server time available by default is also useful, so it would be a shame to remove it in an attempt to see through it.

And having to add ‘...’ every time is not really an ideal solution. Although it is reassuring that others are struggling with this too.
~Fafnismal 28
vikingo1337 wrote:
Several months later and still no new replies. I’m honestly surprised that so few are interested in this suggestion, as it concerns an issue that affects every single player on D12. An issue that, perhaps, is even an easy fix?
~Fafnismal 28
maafi wrote:
It is a small thing but i would also like to see it moved. Vikingo’s suggestion of moving up next to the Notes tab makes sense though perhaps the space is too tight. We could drop the word ‘time’ as ‘Server’ with the clock next to it would be obvious enough. It would then fit nicely in that space.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
vikingo1337 wrote:
Or drop the text altogether and just create a clock symbol followed by the time.

Or change the text to 'GMT' and insert it after the time.

Or something else entirely. As long as the text is no longer obstructing our view in the game chat.
~Fafnismal 28
dough_boy wrote:
Maybe I did it on my own, but my server time is collapsed and is up in the area with the tabs. I think there is a setting for collapsing it, maybe that did it?
maafi wrote:
You're right, there is an option in your own game settings to 'Collapse the server time in the game chat.'
Thanks, I never knew we had that option.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
vikingo1337 wrote:
Collapsing it doesn’t solve the problem, as I mentioned earlier in the thread. It only turns the text into an arrow. So not only is it still in the way, it is also completely useless. The whole thing needs to be moved.
~Fafnismal 28
dough_boy wrote:
Ah...I did move it myself with Styler on Chrome.

.tabs .quick-on-off {
   top: -30px !important;
}