Because it’s in the way
  • 87 posts
  • Page 5 of 6
Matty wrote:
dough_boy
Cool...last suggestion for me is could the custom game name be added to the turns module? 23456 (team game)
dough_boy
Not in the my upcoming turns module on the dashboard page.
And it does show the custom name on the other ones?

Edit Ah, no, it doesn't. Fixed that (needs to be released still).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
jr502 wrote:
On the new dashboard .... this is not really important (and it is already in the dashboard left sidebar and should stay there) but you could put "Add or change friends" red letter link just to the right of "Latest Friend Activity" -- it would be a nice place for that.

or...alternatively... a link to "friends online now"
Cireon wrote:
I like that idea. Not sure why I didn't think of it. Will keep it on my notes.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
jr502 wrote:
I have another thought about the dashboard. What do you all think about combining/merging this page into the dashboard?
https://dominating12.com/invites-notifications
Maybe there are things I have not thought about....and I am not a high-volume player, so I may not know how others use the invites page. But I like the idea of the dashboard containing all the top "go-to" items for the player. Without getting TOO cluttered...there's the rub.
vikingo1337 wrote:
Sooo... the 'Server time' text is still very much in the way in the chat.

I wonder if the suggestion has been abandoned?

I thought we were making progress...
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
Cireon wrote:
I wonder if the suggestion has been abandoned?
It has not been abandoned, but real life and critical website maintenance take precedence. Patience, my young padawan :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
vikingo1337 wrote:
Oh. In that case I will go and see if I can find this 'Patience' fellow of which you speak. Maybe he can help.
;-)
~Fafnismal 28
Cireon wrote:
It took a while, but the server time is now in the nav bar, instead of overlaying the chat.
Matty wrote:
Maybe it's getting used to, but I already hate it. It's constantly moving.
Could you change it to not show settings seconds? Or (and I know you hate this) make it an option?

Maybe it's also better for it to be grey instead of white.

Edit: Typo, don't show seconds instead of settings. 'Settings' doesn't make sense.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
maafi wrote:
I like the new position of it, so thanks Cireon. Making it grey might be better.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
vikingo1337 wrote:
Thank you, Cireon. Much better now.

I like it in white, makes it easy to read, but perhaps hours and minutes are sufficient. On the other hand, having the seconds there as well make it clear that the digits imply the time of day and not a rating, score, or whatever. In case the symbol isn’t noticed.

Anyway, happy that ‘Server time’ is gone from the chat.

Good work.
~Fafnismal 28
Cireon wrote:
You can turn it off by clicking the clock icon, which is the first thing I did personally. I am happy to make it grey if people prefer that.
vikingo1337 wrote:
Nice. Well, in that case I see no reason to make it grey. The ‘Notifications’ button next to it is white, too.
~Fafnismal 28