Like in Chess?
  • 483 posts
  • Page 1 of 33
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
What do you think about creating something like a league?

Imagine we have two teams of 3 players:

Team 1: A, B, C
Team 2: X, Y, Z

In this match Team 1 select the map and rules; they chose: Caribbean, Caps, Increasing and Chained. Because they set the game they have to declare the order in playing the games (or ranking for the match, you can call it as you want).

The order would be: A for game 1, B for game 2, and C for game 3

Now, Team 2 with this information select its players for the 3 games.

If it is a League a system to give points in the matches should be decided. It would be also a possibility, making matches with more than 2 teams.

I am looking forward to read your thoughts.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
skarni wrote:
Muzuane any idea that brings even moe competition to the game is welcomed for me!

I am not sure I understand that way of playing, u mean only 2 people games?
Llibertat Presos polĂ­tics catalans. Love Democracy.
Thorpe wrote:
Something like team players we have asked for...forever. Must be hard to program.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
@Thorpe, there is nothing to program; they are normal games but the results of these games affect to the match between the teams.

@skarni, If I say only 2 players games is because if the matches are among 4 teams, and every team has 5 players (which means the match will have 5 games) it could mean that Team C needs to win just that the Team A doesn't win the game, so they suicide against Team A.

It may be "fair" because they deserve it after they won enough games before. It also can be avoid these kind of behaviors giving points also to the second, third... of the game. There are a lot of options to do this.
Thorpe wrote:
So it is just a tracking you need to do?

Who gets the points?

Are you saying they play their on games and those points add to the teams' points?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
Exactly. How the points are given will define how the matches are. The easiest example:

Team A and Team B have three players each; so there will be 3 games.

Player 1 and 2 (Team A members) win their games, while Player 3 lose his. So Team A won the match.
Matty wrote:
So you basically propose to have a new tournament, with a different points system.
Because its easy to return all the points for games, and then give points later to the winning team.

(In that case you will (should) not get tallies and stuff from those games, but I guess that doesn't really matter).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
Yes, it would be another tournament. The difference would be that games "start" before, since you can chose either:

- Map and settings according to your posible rivals.
- Rivals; once you know the game settings and player orders in the other team.

If the matches are with more than 2 teams, then the options are much more.
BrewDog wrote:
I want thaithai on my team. Thorpe if its caps and of course Vexer. Team games would be fun.
Thorpe wrote:
So the first step is to get your Team Name...Logo...then ...members.

The last is to talk trash to the other teams and get a war...right?
Matty wrote:
Well, I think you need an organiser first and set up the stuff :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
MuzuaneAskari ...is the organiser
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I wouldn't mind to organize this but until the end of October I will be traveling a lot and I don't think I will have too much time.

But just to start for somewhere, I think we can make some teams and decide if we want to try with matches of 2 teams or 4 teams for match (3 teams I really think it won't work). So, post who is in and which is his/her preference (2 teams matches/4teams); then we can make the teams with private messages (or someone can post the complete team with its four members).

I am in and my preference (because it would be easier) it's 2 teams in the match.

(if someone can explain this post better than me, please do it).

elysium5 wrote:
I'd be in for sure
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."