notoriouspat
KC321
??? Ryo, Hood, Anax, Lando...
we have new souls - should be fun.
WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
this is directed mainly at the new players
we love new players - we were all new players at one time
the main thing that most of us dislike is inactivity. Most of the roles assigned are fairly critical to the flow of the game and roles/characters are included knowing that somewhere along the line most of them will die during the game and become non-influential. But, if too many players decide to quit the game or just forget to participate = it hurts the progression of the game and harms your teammates. = yes this is a team or team building game.
The inactivity that is frowned upon the most is total abandonment of the game, not using your abilities to help your team win, not voting during the lynch phase, not posting in the chat occasionally, not responding to PMs.
you should plan to check in at least once a day to read the forum posts and your PMs for a minimum of 15 minutes and to cast your lynch votes. Some of us (like me) will check in every waking hour to see what is being said and then respond to most every comment. There will be much useless babble to sort through but also useful insights to help you know who your enemies and friends might be. There will be many distracting and false comments posted to try and lead you astray.
i say none of this to discourage you but to help prepare you. Once you play, you may be hooked. Most of us here look forward to these mafia games and get more involved with these than the risk games or tournaments we are in on this site. It can be additive. you will also likely get many more invites to play risk from other players here that you meet.

Have fun
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i will post the riddles for you to consider this Friday. you will have 24 hrs to considered them and respond. I will send out role assignments on Saturday and post the names of the characters and the guidelines and answer questions. the game will start on Sunday.
Don't worry about the riddles - it is just a fun way to start the game, provide 1 little bonus to 1 player, but mostly to get a response from each player indicating that they are ready to start the game.
Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
Tennesseelogman
this is directed mainly at the new players
we love new players - we were all new players at one time
the main thing that most of us dislike is inactivity. Most of the roles assigned are fairly critical to the flow of the game and roles/characters are included knowing that somewhere along the line most of them will die during the game and become non-influential. But, if too many players decide to quit the game or just forget to participate = it hurts the progression of the game and harms your teammates. = yes this is a team or team building game.
The inactivity that is frowned upon the most is total abandonment of the game, not using your abilities to help your team win, not voting during the lynch phase, not posting in the chat occasionally, not responding to PMs.
you should plan to check in at least once a day to read the forum posts and your PMs for a minimum of 15 minutes and to cast your lynch votes. Some of us (like me) will check in every waking hour to see what is being said and then respond to most every comment. There will be much useless babble to sort through but also useful insights to help you know who your enemies and friends might be. There will be many distracting and false comments posted to try and lead you astray.
i say none of this to discourage you but to help prepare you. Once you play, you may be hooked. Most of us here look forward to these mafia games and get more involved with these than the risk games or tournaments we are in on this site. It can be addictive. you will also likely get many more invites to play risk from other players here that you meet.

Have fun
Ditto   Note: 2oC's (2ofclubs) babble is not pure babble. Do we call TLM the Governor?  In the name of TLM as aka Moderator assistant, you can run your roles and questions to me in PM's.   'Gordon is for Gotham'
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
I will be on a retreat Fri-Sunday so my activity will be limited.  But I will try and make up for it :P
WRKD4IT
HS0602 wrote:
I am online almost every 6 hours. Don't worry about me.
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
please let me know what time zone you are in and what time it would be where you are at 22:00 server clock (this deadline seemed to work ok for about 80% of thr players last.)
i am in USA central time and it will be 4 pm here

comments/suggestions welcome
Live long and prosper