• 46 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
Tennesseelogman wrote:
Alex - it will be 24 hr phases. once a day is enough to stay active but more often can be better so that you have opportunity to read and react to the input of others. Players who are inactive/silent will oftentimes get lynched early on in the game because they are perceived by the rest of the good guys as being no help in the investigation but by the same token they are rarely killed by the mafia since they are not much of a threat to exposing them. silence is actually a strategy used by some (not me - can i get an Amen to that) to stay under the radar until the right time.
  since we are in various time zones, info may be given by some that may be missed if you check in just once a day. i will try to make it so that the phases do not end between 10 pm and 6 am for anybody. i think most of us are in the American or European time zones. maybe Australia - let me know if other.
Alex , can i throw your name in the hat?
Live long and prosper
Rockbert wrote:
how many players are we going to have? Surprised Anaxagore hasn't signed up yet.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i have not sent invites to the previous players yet and we have 12 already, , half being being new :)
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
it looks like 21;00 on the risk clock (what is it called?) might be ok = that is 4 pm in Los Angeles, 1 pm in New York, 9 pm in London, and 8 am in Sydney.
Anybody have a better time for all?
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i will copy and paste the guidelines from some of the prior games and welcome suggestions for amendments before i post it in the actual game thread.
Sorry, but i will not have an elaborate backstory to go with the game

There will be an approximate 3:1 superhero to villain ratio (maybe 4:1). No neutrals or switching sides

Basic game mechanics (copied from the previous Prisoners game)

Spoiler (click to show)

Win Conditions
Superheros - Get rid of all the villains
Villains - Get rid of all the Superheros
You can used village, townies, good guys, good or mafia, bad guys, bad or anything that is clear what you mean in you communications

rules/guidelines
Spoiler (click to show)
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i am making good progress on the mechanics and should be ready in the next few days if all want to start next week. let know what you think and if we should extend turn times around Christmas (day, eve, travel days)
Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
There will be an approximate 3:1 superhero to villain ratio (maybe 4:1).  No neutrals or switching sides. 
And the Mafia will know each other,
INTERESTING  
WRKD4IT
Tennesseelogman wrote:
yes it is about as plain/straightforward set up as there can be. the only twist is the picking and utilization of the abilities/super powers. i currently have 15 abilities for you to choose from which are under review by a couple of other players to make sure none of them are over powered. the abilities fall under 3 broad categories - offense, defense, and information or a combination.
Live long and prosper
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hey all! Is it too late to join? :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

2ofclubs wrote:
Virtuosity98
Not to late and I am counting on - looking forward to you playing. As well as othere seasoned players like Hood and Anax.
WRKD4IT
Rockbert wrote:
2ofclubs
Virtuosity98
Not to late and I am counting on - looking forward to you playing. As well as othere seasoned players like Hood and Anax.

Agreed!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Bluegoetz wrote:
I'll Play, but I'd like to say now so everyone knows upfront that tennesseelogman is my father-in-law.
-doesn't mean he's gonna bend the rules in any way for me (quite the contrary actually)
-I don't have any special inside information about this game.
-I don't have access to his account or him to mine.
however If Anyone is uncomfortable with me participating then I'm happy to sit this one out.