The Thread
  • 72 posts
  • Page 4 of 5
Anaxagore wrote:
Waywardson is the new owner of Macedonia, AEgyptus, Africa, Hispania, and Tennesseelogman!!!

It's Afternoon 3
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/wedding?iso=20200908T22&p0=195&msg=Afternoon+3&font=cursive&csz=1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Yeah eehm... seems like everyone is greedy and noone wishes to cooperate xd

Not sure whether we should have 1 big strong guy at all times...
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
!Lynch AlexCheckMate

No use in keeping him alive.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Anaxagore wrote:
Tennesseelogman is lynched.
Spoiler (click to show)

It's Night 3
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/retirement?p0=195&iso=20200909T22&year=2020&month=9&day=9&hour=22&min=0&sec=0&msg=Night%203&csz=1
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I wouldn't want to say noone...
...but I do feel let down by the activity of some of the players here.

I think this is also caused, to a certain degree, by allowing behind the scenes communication in full. Some people (with power) will rather engage in private discussions (as they have the appearance of being more trustworthy/low risk?) and therewith see the activity in the thread dwindling. Which may snowball in other people talking less too, as there's simply nothing happening to the naked eye.

We just saw WaywardSon take control over a large number of regions (and therewith huge voting power). We saw him lynch Tennesseelogman (who he himself just obtained/controlled).

This leads to a few conclusions:
1) WWS is the last remaining mafia.
2) He has absolute lynching power (most votes - due to regions).
3) He has absolute night killing power (the slave with the kill power has been eliminated by him).
4) We're just waiting till he has been through enough day/night cycles to eliminate all his opponents (& morning phases to build more voting power and just stall the game some more).

GG WWS. Feel free to message Anaxagore - maybe he'll be fine to already declare you the winner.

Thanks for hosting Anaxagore. It's a shame you can't both host AND play - it's detrimental to these games when they lack your involvement; you always show great insight, activity and ingenuity.

― Albert Einstein
Anaxagore wrote:
Waywardson is holding all the cards controlling both the lynch and the kill action.
Before dying, Tennesse revealed him who the remaining slaves are.
Waywardson submitted his actions and the following happened:

AlexCheckMate is killed.
Spoiler (click to show)

Hoodlum is lynched.
Spoiler (click to show)

The Slaves are all dead. The Civil War is now impossible. The rest of the Senators are slaughtered one by one...

[image]

Game over
Familia Julio-Claudia / the Mafia wins

Congrats Virtuosity98 and especially Waywardson for preventing a Civil War in the end game.

Let’s be honest, it was a game with low activity, Town lost due to a big lack of cooperation, especially letting Wayward acquire all these regions. Maybe i should have extended the afternoon time?
The slaves were on the other hand pretty active but Tennesse's choice to use his only bullet to kill his master (that was funny) was maybe too soon, giving time for Senators to anticipate the Civil War.

Hope you had fun.

Who organises the next one? :)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
gg

I think this game was always going to spiral - votes buy future votes. Thanks anax for hosting and for the cool concept. I don't mind hosting the next one, I haven't thought about a specific game yet so if someone else is eager to host and has a game planned out then by all means go for it! :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

AlexCheckMate wrote:
My master senator didn't take the opportunity to easily win, by getting himself and the other family member to vote on one of them, after Tennesseelogman decided on something very risky.

Maybe with an extended afternoon things would've been different, but I didn't want that either. 24h for each phase should easily be enough to get things done (or at least to mention if there's real issues which limit activity).

@elysium5 - computer stuff fixed? Then I guess you have priority to finish your game over others starting something new.

― Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
It is starting to like like I won't be able to retrieve the info from my old laptop. My friend hasn't been able to do it and it is not worth paying someone else to try.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."