Risk tournament with other websites
  • 37 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
Jimi wrote:
Hello folks,

I don't know if this idea was mentioned before here, but I was thinking of making a worldwide online risk championship.

The Idea
1.Count how many thrived risk websites, and try to limit it to maximum 8 websites.

2. Based on the number of websites (let's say 5 websites for example), we contact each website's admins and ask them to choose the finest 5 players that would represent them (and make sure the players are interested).

3. On each website, we set 5 different games, each game has one representative of each site.

4. The games will be played on each site respectively (for examplr the first 5 games will be on D12 with no other tournament games on other websites) once we finish the 5 games on D12 we move to play under other hosts website.

5. Games will be played under each website's rules.

6. Game type and features will be decided from the each website host .

7. The winner gains 5 points for his team as a whole (example: a D12 player won a game, D12 gains 5 points from overall)

* that's the basic idea and i need your input guys.

For me to choose the main 3 to represent D12 are Slackbatter, Henris and maafi if there is a room for more i would include myself (as the idea provider hehe) and alphax, of course we can all vote for any players if we like the idea and woukd like to be part of it.

And after hearing your input and what might go wrong and how to improve it, i might need someone to help me reaching out to other websites and contact them (native English speaker preferably) to cover for my English mistakes, hehe.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
k0canada613 wrote:
Sounds pretty legit!! I would also vote myself to compete depending on if more dominant death match of capitals?? Even if it’s both I’ve played tons of both and 1v1s!
dough_boy wrote:
I wouldn't think it is voting based and instead challenged based. So either look at existing stats for a specific configuration or do a tournament to decide who represents...

But it could be interesting.
k0canada613 wrote:
Ya tournament among those who would like to play in it would be cool could do a caps/1v1/death match so it all for pts best all round players compete for d12
Jimi wrote:
I don't mind any mechanism, but would we first approach other websites to know if they are interested? And would also like to hear more thoughts and if anybody knows the names of other risk sites.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Anaxagore wrote:
I think it’s a really good idea
I would do it the following way..
Spoiler (click to show)
what do you think?
Jimi wrote:
Anaxagore
I think it’s a really good idea
I would do it the following way..
Spoiler (click to show)
what do you think?
Very interesting insight, but that if they agreed to play on our site and our rules and maps, but the idea is (who is the king of online risk on every platform)

What do you think Anax, do you think it's doable?

For me again, I don't mind anyway of choosing the players, my suggestion for the main 3 above, was based on past experience, and during they years they were the most consistent.. But again i dont mind any players from D12 would be great, we have a bunch of good smart players.

Batman
hooboy11 wrote:
Cool idea. If this is a 1 v. 1 tournament I think I deserve strong consideration. If not, I’m not in the conversation.

Unless it’s pairs, then doughboy and I are the odds-on favourites...
hooboy11 is online.
Sygmassacre wrote:
Youre going about choosing the wrong way. Even ive been dominator lol. Playing games to decide still comes down to luck. What you need is a series of "what if" scenarios and get people to respond with how they would handle it. I would agree with the 3 mentioned in the first post and would get them to come up with those scenarios and choose the best responses to be the ones to represent the site
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Jimi wrote:
Sygmassacre
Youre going about choosing the wrong way. Even ive been dominator lol. Playing games to decide still comes down to luck. What you need is a series of "what if" scenarios and get people to respond with how they would handle it. I would agree with the 3 mentioned in the first post and would get them to come up with those scenarios and choose the best responses to be the ones to represent the site
I totally agree with you that games are not the best judgment, but what do mean by scenarios, can you give an example

Batman
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Jimi
Sygmassacre
I totally agree with you that games are not the best judgment, but what do mean by scenarios, can you give an example

He'll sketch several games: maps, players, armies, cards, etc for certain settings (capped/increased/caps/etc - fog will be difficult) and then it is your turn. What do you do? And how will you deal with bad dice? How do you 'recover' in such a way that you do not 'throw' the game. Maybe see it as an outline for a film? :D Script what you expect, maybe even include some ideas on how the other players will play their turn and how that'll fit with your plan along with some contingencies and the dealing with those.

I know there are several Dutch newspapers in which you see a chess or checkers board and they'll just tell you 'you are white, it is your move - WIN (or, do not lose, or..... etc).

At least, that's what I figured from his response.

Concept sounds good =)

As for contacting..... maybe have a chat with Thingyman - surely you've seen his mafia setup for such a plan too: https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3137/mafia-championships - he might know some sites and the right things to say to get people enthusiastic^^ If/When TP_knighty shows up again.... (been 2.5 weeks since we last saw him...), he's also a person to talk to - he's playing risk on multiple sites..... i don't remember all of them, but he may have already mentioned 5 to me xD

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Anaxagore wrote:
I think it's doable. Someone just have to go create an account on each website and ask.
https://www.playonlinerisk.com/
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/where-to-play-risk-online/

Then about our players, personally i never played with maafi and slackbatter (except the D12 game) but i played a few with Henris_1 some time ago and yeah the guy is really good. But to be honest, I mostly play fog, capped deathmatchs (where i'm the king ;) ) so my judgment is not really objective on any increasing game.
Jimi wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Jimi
Sygmassacre

He'll sketch several games: maps, players, armies, cards, etc for certain settings (capped/increased/caps/etc - fog will be difficult) and then it is your turn. What do you do? And how will you deal with bad dice? How do you 'recover' in such a way that you do not 'throw' the game. Maybe see it as an outline for a film? :D Script what you expect, maybe even include some ideas on how the other players will play their turn and how that'll fit with your plan along with some contingencies and the dealing with those.

I know there are several Dutch newspapers in which you see a chess or checkers board and they'll just tell you 'you are white, it is your move - WIN (or, do not lose, or..... etc).

At least, that's what I figured from his response.

Concept sounds good =)

As for contacting..... maybe have a chat with Thingyman - surely you've seen his mafia setup for such a plan too: https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3137/mafia-championships - he might know some sites and the right things to say to get people enthusiastic^^ If/When TP_knighty shows up again.... (been 2.5 weeks since we last saw him...), he's also a person to talk to - he's playing risk on multiple sites..... i don't remember all of them, but he may have already mentioned 5 to me xD

-Alex

Thanks Alex for your input, i will try to make account on each site and ask the admins their about the idea, and give a 1 month notice for each site to decide the mechanism of the players and make them ready and to set the rules for the tournament and to set the rewards.

Batman
Jimi wrote:
Anaxagore
I think it's doable. Someone just have to go create an account on each website and ask.
https://www.playonlinerisk.com/
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/where-to-play-risk-online/

Then about our players, personally i never played with maafi and slackbatter (except the D12 game) but i played a few with Henris_1 some time ago and yeah the guy is really good. But to be honest, I mostly play fog, capped deathmatchs (where i'm the king ;) ) so my judgment is not really objective on any increasing game.

Thanks Anax, well honestly Henris is very good same level as slackbatter and maafi, the advantage in henris and maafi is the range of game types, they play almost every type of games and they win most of it... Slackbatter is invincible in DM any types, i think it's obvious from his rank in the last 4 years.

I don't mind me being just the moderator for such tournament, I just want D12 to dominate the dominators accross the glob. But again (you, Alex, alpha, Albert Einstein, Jonathan.... Are all good players) so I don't mind any, btw slack henris and maafi might not be interested anyway.

But now the next step is to gather information about the other risk sites, then make accounts and contact the moderators there...

I might need some help in writing a good proposal.

Can anyone help?

Batman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
This is a cool idea! I think a general consensus can be reached on who we should have as our champions. For example, I think everyone agrees on Slackbatter, maafi and henris...

Before you send the invites Jimi, I think we should get the go-ahead from the evil green witch herself - @Fendi - seeing as you (or whoever writes the message) will be representing DXII on other sites.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).