Risk tournament with other websites
  • 37 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
Jimi wrote:
Virtuosity98
This is a cool idea! I think a general consensus can be reached on who we should have as our champions. For example, I think everyone agrees on Slackbatter, maafi and henris...

Before you send the invites Jimi, I think we should get the go-ahead from the evil green witch herself - @Fendi - seeing as you (or whoever writes the message) will be representing DXII on other sites.
Sure sure don't worry about our first lady, after we finalize the idea and the message i will send everything on the moderators section and get the approval

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
Jimi wrote:
Anaxagore
I can help writing the message Jimi
That's great man, i was hoping you would.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
k0canada613 wrote:
I still think with the amount of players that are good players and very active on this site! The only way to pick players to play I think would be to have are own in house tournament! Like myself I’ve placed Very well in most tournaments in this site even won the last caps tournament! But very interested in this thread and idea
AlexCheckMate wrote:
k0canada613
I still think with the amount of players that are good players and very active on this site! The only way to pick players to play I think would be to have are own in house tournament! Like myself I’ve placed Very well in most tournaments in this site even won the last caps tournament! But very interested in this thread and idea

:<

https://dominating12.com/tournament/70/participants
http://tournament.x10host.com/links/leaderboardcapitals

The last tournament, you didn't win - you mean the one before the last ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSGPHemjTJSjbD-uDI98HZXPNCzRqcXUJb9YZSRbayqMFUUS5Tzy5GWYHbWSXdJ97IomBdxINuATJxO/pubhtml?gid=1390430512&single=true ) :p Nevertheless; dethroned! :o I wouldn't have known/commented, if I didn't happen to know the winner from last caps tournament.

Sounds like you managed to get quite a bit of enthusiasm Jimi =p Suppose that once you and Anaxagore wrote something down and got a green light from Fendi, you can kick-start this =d Might be good to send slackbatter, maafi & Henris_1 a link to this thread (if you haven't already), so they can familiarise themselves and give their thoughts on it =)

Good luck on the project^^

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
maafi wrote:
I think it’s a bold idea. I have no clue about other sites (no, really) so I wouldn’t know whether it’s at all feasible.
Thanks for the compliment of including me in that group of three. Difficult to respond, other than to deflect and say that there are a lot of excellent players on this site and some scarily good players who unfortunately haven’t played in a while.
I would say, off the top of my head, that there are at least 20 current players who would do D12 proud in that kind of tournament.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
elysium5 wrote:
I like this idea as well!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Jimi wrote:
AlexCheckMate
k0canada613

:<

https://dominating12.com/tournament/70/participants
http://tournament.x10host.com/links/leaderboardcapitals

The last tournament, you didn't win - you mean the one before the last ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSGPHemjTJSjbD-uDI98HZXPNCzRqcXUJb9YZSRbayqMFUUS5Tzy5GWYHbWSXdJ97IomBdxINuATJxO/pubhtml?gid=1390430512&single=true ) :p Nevertheless; dethroned! :o I wouldn't have known/commented, if I didn't happen to know the winner from last caps tournament.

Sounds like you managed to get quite a bit of enthusiasm Jimi =p Suppose that once you and Anaxagore wrote something down and got a green light from Fendi, you can kick-start this =d Might be good to send slackbatter, maafi & Henris_1 a link to this thread (if you haven't already), so they can familiarise themselves and give their thoughts on it =)

Good luck on the project^^

-Alex

Hopefully today we will finish the first draft of the message and will share it here

Batman
Jimi wrote:
maafi
I think it’s a bold idea. I have no clue about other sites (no, really) so I wouldn’t know whether it’s at all feasible.
Thanks for the compliment of including me in that group of three. Difficult to respond, other to deflect and say that there are a lot of excellent players on this site and some scarily good players who unfortunately haven’t played in a while.
I would say, off the top of my head, that there are at least 20 current players who would do D12 proud in that kind of tournament.
Thanks maafi, will see a way to choose players

Batman
Jimi wrote:
elysium5
I like this idea as well!
Thanks Ely, your opinion is very important, please share your thoughts after we sharr the message

Batman
Jimi wrote:
Ok guys please read the message and let me know if you have any notes..
Many thanks for Anaxagore

Spoiler (click to show)

Batman
Matty wrote:
I really like the idea.

I won't join in the tournament (in case I'm good enough to even join) because of time reasons though. But definitely curious to the outcome of this.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Jimi wrote:
Matty
I really like the idea.

I won't join in the tournament (in case I'm good enough to even join) because of time reasons though. But definitely curious to the outcome of this.
Of course you are good enough, you were in my mind if one of the main 3 apologized, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Batman
Jimi wrote:
How it works
1. Each site will choose 4 players to be its representatives.
2. Each website will organise one round choosing its own game parameters (. Each round is divided in 4 games (one for each representative).
3. The only strict parameter is that the game type has to be regular deathmatch (defeat all your ennemies to win).

Map:
The map will be the World Classic.

Card turn in after a kill:
After a player kills another one, he will receive his cards but can only use them right away if he has in total 5 or more.

Fortification:
All Fortification will be chained meaning a player can move each turn as many troops as he wants from one territory to another if both are connected.

Batman
aeronautic wrote:
I must warn you that playing Risk on some sites isn't very straight forward. Some of their maps are not at all intuitive and have very complicated special game-play.
Anyone who plays at a high level of conventional Risk here will be at a huge disadvantage elsewhere, as they will choose complicated game-plays that they have mastered.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.