a special category of riddles
  • 70 posts
  • Page 1 of 5
The_Bishop wrote:
White to move, mate in 2
Composed by William Edward Lester, Empire Review 1924.
[image]

The solution is given by THE ONLY MOVE that let White to deliver checkmate at the next. Then if you want to be more specific you can add the continuation to demonstrate you can do it for every possible Black reply. Got it? o_O
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
supiachao wrote:
I shall try.

Not very good at chess tho.

Spoiler (click to show)

It depends on how black is going to move I guess. But quite certain the first move is right.
The_Bishop wrote:
Nope sorry
Spoiler (click to show)
supiachao wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Matty wrote:
I edited your posts to add some spoilers in your posts. I was thinking about it as well :) (but gave up, will look again later).

So far... (click to show)

Note: You can a add a spoiler like this: [ spoiler ] text here [ / spoiler ], but then without the spaces.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
No, Fendi is the wizard (or rather, witch). I'm just cheating a bit.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
@Aero: Aaaargh
Spoiler (click to show)
momagajic wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

- edit - spoiler added by vexer because it's the correct answer
aeronautic wrote:
@The_Bishop, it appears there is more than 1 possible move for the same result.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
momagajic wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Matty wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay give me few minutes to reply everybody.
The use of spoilers is recommended so that everybody can has the pleasure to think it for himself.