a special category of riddles
  • 70 posts
  • Page 3 of 5
The_Bishop wrote:
In any case it wasn't the correct solution.

The proposed puzzles are here.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
Can you please point out a reason why my A solution won't work, I can't see one and it's bugging me?
Thanks bro
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
@Syg
Spoiler (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Ta8 Moma? I think you mean Ra8 but it is wrong?

Sygma you are giving wrong explanations to Aero.
Spoiler (click to show)

Aero it's the first of the cases you listed that doesn't work:
Spoiler (click to show)
emjaydee wrote:
Haven't read any of the spoilers .....

A

(Spoiler) Bishop takes knight. Black can only move pawn forward. White King moves forward. Checkmate. (Spoiler)

Think thats right. Took me about 20 seconds, so it probably isn't :D
emjaydee wrote:
Crap - Can someone cover that ^ up. I don't quite know how to do spoilers from the look of it :(
The_Bishop wrote:
You have to select a text on your working message and then click on the yellow shield. By the way don't worry MJD your solution is wrong! :) And also keep in mind that the board is white oriented since black pawns move downward.

But your move, Bxc3 (Bishop takes kNight in c3) is interesting for one reason: it causes an immediate draw because Black has no legal moves anymore, it is called stalemate.

So let me resuming things. Both aeronautic and momagajic solved the B puzzle. Nobody solved the A puzzle (except Sygmassacre but I don't consider it a valid solution as he didn't give any kind of demonstration).

For reference:
http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&act=view&id=2213&board=42&page=2#post-34627
Sygmassacre wrote:
Oh come on @Bishop, following whites move there are 11 different moves black can make and they each will be followed by checkmate. Do I have to explain all moves and their subsequent checkmate in order to get a pass mark?
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
aeronautic wrote:
So my A puzzle solution wasn't right?
You still haven't explained why, I have run over it again and again and can't see why it doesn't work, please put me out of my misery?
A (click to show)
emjaydee wrote:
Solution to A

Spoiler (click to show)
Checkmate.
The_Bishop wrote:
@emjaydee (click to show)