a special category of riddles
  • 70 posts
  • Page 4 of 5
The_Bishop wrote:
Aeronautic I answered 2 times (see post 26 and 37)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I see now that you answered the one I was talking about, at first it looked like you had answered my first solution which I had self corrected. Thanks!

I agree that the move doesn't work now, but one alternative (Simpler) defence you mentioned was incorrect.
Spoiler (click to show)

LOL "You and Syg should play in a team"!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Whoops sorry Aero my mistake, let fall it, that second alternative doesn't exist but the first still stands.

For aeronautic only (click to show)

The A puzzle is a bit intricate and I can mistype something giving explanations. In fact it is purposely composed since it's more intricate than a normal game position.

Puzzles for reference.
aeronautic wrote:
The puzzle boards are getting lost in the threads, 2 pages behind now.

Puzzle A:
[image]
A - 2nd try (click to show)

Puzzle B:
[image]
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yep right!
Aeronautic first solved both puzzles
aeronautic wrote:
Hey we have to have something to do in between forum posts, maps and game assistance ;)
Stratosphere wrote:
Yep.. Next puzzle Bishop :D
It's a very interesting topic I think if it have puzzles in regular basis say every day or week.
Like chess.com.
If you have access to a resource of puzzles. I will be a follower of this topic if it happens :D
supiachao wrote:
@Stratosphere: lol, stop copying me. First numberphile then chess.com
hmm. What's next?
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay guys I have 2 new puzzles. Going to post them this evening when more people are on-line.
The_Bishop wrote:
Many have already solved the previous 2 but I forgot to publish a complete solution, here it is:

Solutions A and B (click to show)