Suggest your Mafia themes here.
  • 68 posts
  • Page 4 of 5
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I know I haven´t played a lot to this sort of games but I was thinking about what dough_boy said.

When I read the rules of the Mafia game, I also thought that citizens had some advantage if well played, mainly because of the numbers and specially because everybody knew others´ goal.

And that is my suggestion. Imagine a game with 5/6 factions (not necessarily all with the same number of elements) but where you don´t know the goal of the other factions. Your team would need allies, but you will have to look for other factions that are more or less aligned with your objectives but always keeping in mind that you are also competing against them.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Hoodlum wrote:
for a long while, there wasn't ever a mafia win. there wasn't one in the first season (d12 rewrite) until ultrasplot created the game of thrones one this season, where it was heavily favoured to mafia (house of targaryen ), because the rest of the non mafia, had to find their own faction aswell as kill all the other factions. which was good for the game, and now there have been a few mafia wins since? Well last game anyway, with a dominant performance.
The problem isn't because we know the roles beforehand, the problem is, we keep playing different themes, but we should be re-visiting some so there is more player development of deceptive play. If we were to play this same game again, same players (reshuffle role) you would know how to lie, what to lie about, and it would be a different game. Corruption town should of been a mafia win. 2 mafia teams!! 2 potential kills a night, 2 mafia inspectors, and a potential wrong day lynch.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
Hoodlum
Corruption town should of been a mafia win. 2 mafia teams!! 2 potential kills a night, 2 mafia inspectors, and a potential wrong day lynch.
I would agree...just by looking at the setup. However, with people willing to outright claim/share their Role PMs it makes it virtually impossible for mafia to not get day lynched. Couple this with the fact that if you have known targets and they happen to be mafia they will be killed at night by the other mafia faction. So in this case the mafia was targeting each other and then because there is no way to give fake role PM's they were getting lynched

I think Star Wars was tilted a little too much to mafia, but that is because they were given fake roles too. Had the position been created, but not assigned nor role pm given it still would require work on the mafia to not double up (since no one would know if there was really a jar jar) and they would have to still craft their own role pm.
Hoodlum wrote:
agree with the fake role pm. cheekys vote +8 was a bit much.. disagree with the false objective by the moderator (kill padme, and vader will join the sith). But also there was just some luck kill syg..(distraction player) who could of distracted mafia kills, or when henris was lynched by town, who could of potentially killed mafia. The hardest part of that game was getting you killed, after exposing my team. how do i backtrack that and kill you off, after i realized you were going to easily win the game. there was a bit of effort, trying to make sure leia voted you or luke shot you. It could of been game over anytime for mafia, but you had to handled delicately :)

but after each mafia game, each theme should probably be assessed for balance,,
skarni wrote:
We also have had a mafia win in the campers game, were Henris and me tricked you all. With only one faction and 3 mafia members only
Llibertat Presos polítics catalans. Love Democracy.
Hoodlum wrote:
u musta killed me early thats why! :) wise move!!

i think i led the lynch to get mayba out. took one out! or was he the miller? i lost track of the result on that one.
Madagascarter wrote:
I would quite like to see a simple vanilla game with just mafia’s and villagers. Then we would really get to know who is the best mafia players!
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Madagascarter wrote:
Games were created like that in “Series 1” they worked. It cause much more debates to happen in forum. Of course mafia need PM’s. I can’t really remember then that well though. If you want give it a shot. You’re scheduled to host next game I think.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
skarni wrote:
Hoodlum
u musta killed me early thats why! :) wise move!!

i think i led the lynch to get mayba out. took one out! or was he the miller? i lost track of the result on that one.

We were lucky with the miller, that was shooted by the vigilante and that made it easier for us
dough_boy wrote:
skarni
We were lucky with the miller, that was shooted by the vigilante and that made it easier for us

Actually Cheeky shared again and said she only shared with Syg. That next night we had 2 killed (including Cheeky). We then immediately voted to lynch Syg. He flipped Mafia, but turns out he was Miller. 

There was 5 of us left and I knew skarni was one and was leaning towards the new guy (can't remember who that was right now) after thinking we might have two Mafia left. Vicious was doing her typical I am town but I am not going to participate in any fashion and Jimi and I were both on skarni. I went to bed waiting for Vicious to vote and wake up to Skarni convincing Jimi to switch to Vicious. Had I been awake I would have pointed out that Skarni admitting there being two mafia left (when publicly we thought only one). 

That was the end game on that one...and why I advocate that there isn't a hammer (due to timezone differences) at the end of games.
dough_boy wrote:
Hoodlum
The hardest part of that game was getting you killed, after exposing my team. how do i backtrack that and kill you off, after i realized you were going to easily win the game.

And that is the frustrating thing for me. As a neutral I had my own win condition, but it was never specified that I couldn't win and the sith couldn't win at the same time. Had it been stated that there could only be one winner I never would have outed myself to you. 

In the past, all games there was a mafia win, town win, and individual neutral wins (so dual wins). I figured we could have won together, and Mad never said we couldn't...you just assumed that we couldn't...

Probably should make sure that up front everyone publicly knows if there can or cannot be shared wins. Even in Token Town you said there was, but the town didn't believe and still killed me.
skarni wrote:
dough_boy
skarni

Actually Cheeky shared again and said she only shared with Syg. That next night we had 2 killed (including Cheeky). We then immediately voted to lynch Syg. He flipped Mafia, but turns out he was Miller. 

There was 5 of us left and I knew skarni was one and was leaning towards the new guy (can't remember who that was right now) after thinking we might have two Mafia left. Vicious was doing her typical I am town but I am not going to participate in any fashion and Jimi and I were both on skarni. I went to bed waiting for Vicious to vote and wake up to Skarni convincing Jimi to switch to Vicious. Had I been awake I would have pointed out that Skarni admitting there being two mafia left (when publicly we thought only one). 

That was the end game on that one...and why I advocate that there isn't a hammer (due to timezone differences) at the end of games.

Correct, we took advantatge from the hammer. But henris wasthe secret weapon there in case you lyched me.
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Lol this is the game I told hood Skarni was mafia and I'd been inspected. He then got the vig to kill me and didn't bother looking at what I was saying when skarni was manipulating hood against me.
You have a keen military mind Pod...
dough_boy wrote:
skarni
Correct, we took advantatge from the hammer. But henris wasthe secret weapon there in case you lyched me.

henris...that is right. I had said that if we lynched you and the game didn't end he was next on my list. Unfortunately you were able to convince Jimi to switch and just needed both of you to vote to end the game.