Suggest your Mafia themes here.
  • 68 posts
  • Page 3 of 5
Hoodlum wrote:
Added another town and mafia role = Jailor + Blackmailer. Also tweaked the town investigative 3 (sheriff/investigator/lookout). Weak individually but strong together if they can get together. If they can stay alive long enough! Yup there might seem to be lynch affordability, but theres a chaos element,
with the vetren who could kill a whole bunch of players if they all happen to visit him when he is on alert! The vigilante could mess up and then die of
guilt himself. an added mafia might balance it up a bit. If 4 seems a lot, don't forget there is a serial killer that is feared by all!. Mafia has yet to win on d12. 10 town / 4 mafia (that know eachother) 3 neutrals

Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Madagascarter wrote:
Just a few things, First I don't really like the Jesters win clause, especially as you get to choose roles, the Jester would be at the bottom of everyone's list. Seriously who would want to be a player who's aim is TO DIE and then the game continues. Perhaps the Jester could have a vote shield. This means he would start on negative 5 votes or something and his aim is to survive till the end. It makes sense, one neutral can't die at night, one is extremely difficult to lynch during the day. Secondly I don't understand what the transporter does, please elaborate. And finally should the person who has been blackmailed be allowed to talk but the blackmailer has to decide his vote? I don't know about this and never seen anything like this before so I don't know. If the person is allowed to talk then they shouldn't be allowed to say they have been blackmailed ever because then people can work out mafia by who hasn't been blackmailed. That is a complicated one. Just thought of another thing. With the inspector are the wrong roles given at random, because they should be.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Hoodlum wrote:
All these roles are from the mafia game town of salem with only slight tweaks if there are any. so i know it works. but they are really fast games that happen in minutes.
The Transporter switches players. he chooses two targets at night (can choose himself as one) which swaps any night actions on them also. eg. if Mafia chose to kill A, but the transporter switched A with B, then the Mafia's target will be B and B will be killed.
I seriously like playing the jester when i play town of salem, and it would be closer to the top end of my picks. Trying to get lynched isn't easy. The fun part is deliberately making fumbles so that players suspect you are Mafia/Serial killer, but if you aren't getting lynched you still want to get rid of
Mafia/Serial killer, because they can kill you at night.
Blackmailer. There are 4 mafia vs 13 others. It may take a while to narrow it down, and the process of elimination is the strategy for all players.
With the inspector you receive 3 possible roles. One out of the 3 is always correct, unless your target was framed and you get 3 false roles. The false ones are random.
With the inspector you get 3 roles. One out of the 3 is always correct, unless your target was framed and you get 3 false roles. The false ones are random. The main tweaks i did from town of salem format, is to give the investigative trio, (investigator/sheriff/lookout) some extra info to help with the process of elimination.
I see what you mean about the blackmailer. I havent actually had that role on town of salem but I think with the amount of players it will take a while before you realize who the blackmailer is, if he hasn't been gotten already.
Madagascarter wrote:
I've got an interesting idea based to Mario VS Bowser just because, well the idea fits with it.
Mario VS Bowser mafia (click to show)

Thoughts?

Summer 2 Countdown

Hoodlum wrote:
i have to admit, i've tried a few times to understand how it works how it would work but i'm easily distracted and I still havent figured it out lol.
Kyla wrote:
Hey guys, I'm just trying to figure out what roles I want in my game. It will be a simple one but not sure what third party to choose.

Roles (click to show)

That's about the same amount of players you guys had, any opinion? I think I like Miller most but wanted to run the character by someone anyways just in case :)
Kyla wrote:
Not sure if I should have another mafia and villager or what either
Madagascarter wrote:
Again, I'm don't particulary like the fool condition but it could work if everyone knows he exists.

However I really like Miller. That could produce some great confusion especially as village will make plans to kill one mafia but 2 will be living. Also, make sure the Miller doesn't know he's miller. Give him a camper role PM otherwise that could defeat the purpose if Miller claims Miller just before he dies.

Summer 2 Countdown

Hoodlum wrote:
One mafia game I enjoyed, which was classified as EXPERT, was actually fun and simple. No teams, but there are 2 players hard to kill at night who everyone is wanting to get.
It's a 10 player game Free For All, last man standing. WILD WILD WEST.
The set up is the same as the original that @BETA and @Sygmassacre hosted, except I've added that you earn an extra lynch vote if you successfully kill someone, and you can purchase defensive lynch votes as an item. I think the original game had an end game flaw with the lynches, so this might be a fix.

WILD WEST THEME (click to show)

just a gauge of interest or flaws and ideas to throw at it
Madagascarter wrote:
So a few questions, this was probably one of the only games in season one that I didn't join so I don't know the dynamics very well.

If 2 people shoots the same unprotected person, 1. Who gets their items? 2. Who gets their vote?
If 2 people shoot the same protected person with 1 DBPV, whos shoot will kill the person?

Summer 2 Countdown

Hoodlum wrote:
which i feel could be unfair depending on who's time it's going by. yeah. that's the concerning part, but i don't think it was an issue the first game. not that i noticed. i'd be sure to have a set time with day/night phases that is suitable for everyone.
dough_boy wrote:
Ever since the Spades game where everyone has been given a specific role, it has made it too easy for village to win. Star Wars was different because there was alternate roles, but it almost made it too easy for mafia to win.

I think we need to try out some games where there are just villagers with no known number, etc.