4 train riddle. maybe others too
  • 381 posts
  • Page 5 of 26
BETA wrote:
I was so lost on this riddle! I needed your good hint, and even then, I couldn't come up with the whole answer! lol. #stumped #good riddle
tramadol wrote:
Going way back to any earlier post @cbt711, your birthday is actually as the joined words suggest, the day you were born! All celebrations of that day are called "birthdays" for short and actually count as ending that period since... so your 1st birthday is the "celebration of the day of your birth 1 year after it"... your 1st birthday for short.
Sorry for hindering the Riddles, will join in again soon.
cbt711 wrote:
Well like I said, I instinctively consider the day I was born a birthday - just seems logical to me. But a lot of people don't citing only the celebration of that day annually is an actual birthday, and the day you are born is your birth date. This is splitting hairs at this point, so I went with the law. Legally, by US laws, birth date is defined as the day you are born, and birthday is defined as every anniversary of the birth date. These are distinguished to define ages at which you can legally participate in events, like driving, smoking, voting, joining the military, or drinking. On your 16th birthday, you can drive. If that included the day you were born, it would be what we all think of as our 15th birthday. 

So I changed the wording to "not including the day he was born" just to take all the hair splitting and ambiguity out of the riddle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@CBT711: Corrrrrrect! :P

@BETA: Does that mean you still don't have the solution? Also, did you look at my "obvious" hint?

If you have not yet found the answer, AND have not looked at my "obvious" hint, here's another hint:

Spoiler (click to show)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

BETA wrote:
@Virtuosity98,

I already gave up and looked at the give-away hint, and the solution! :$

Your second hint, though, I think is a very good hint, without giving the answer away.

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Again, I stole this one, I think it's a little easier (BETA) :P

RIDDLE:

There are four men: Abe, Butch, Cam, and Dan. There are four hats: two white and two black. They each get a hat: Abe gets black, Butch gets white, Cam gets black, and Dan gets white. They don't know what hat colour they have. Abe goes into a room so that no one can see his hat. The others line up in front of the door in the order Butch, Cam, and Dan, all facing the door (Butch can't see the others hats, Cam can see Butch's, and Dan can see Cam and Butch's hats).
Whoever can figure out their hat colour first wins $1,000. If they are wrong they are out of the running.

Which man can figure out his hat color without a doubt? Explain your logic.

Good luck!
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

BETA wrote:
I've heard this b4. I now have to remember the logic.... and it Is a more straight forward, logic riddle :P
Spoiler (click to show)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@BETA:

I didn't think I would have to specify this: Abe is enclosed in a room. No-one can see Abe's hat, Abe can't see anyone else's hat.

Day Actions:

Matty wrote:
If nothing happends, they stay where they are (lonely in the room and together in a line) than they can't know for sure I think.

Spoiler (click to show)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
cbt711 wrote:
got it I think (click to show)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
CBT711: Corrrrect! :P

Your logic was perfectly sound and the answer I was looking for!
Day Actions:

cbt711 wrote:
Ok. You find yourself in a log cabin during a blizzard. 
In the Cabin, there is:
a candle,
a lantern,
a wood burning stove,
and a fireplace.

The only problem is you only have a single match! So choose carefully, your warmth and life depend on your answer. Of these things, what would you light first?
BETA wrote:
@ Virtuosity98,
omg!
Spoiler (click to show)
Where's my $1000!
(oh, CBT took it first ;))
BETA wrote:
@CBT
Spoiler (click to show)
hehe