4 train riddle. maybe others too
  • 381 posts
  • Page 10 of 26
suldam wrote:
hmm i guess we just have a different definition of "extreme pressure and temperature"

just yesterday was trying to get one into the wall for a picture. had to go through quite a few before i found one that could withstand the "pressure" :)
tramadol wrote:
It is all in the definition, as my extreme pressure is extreme, but only comes into significance when the hammer strikes the nail head. The pressure is so great that it creates a very loud sound wave from a tiny nail head.
Temperature also has to be extreme to smelt the metal that the nail is made from, as any normal fire will not be enough, it would have to be oxygenated or coked to intensify the heat. You'll notice that when you burn wood with nails in, even though the fire is intense, the nails stay intact.
maafi wrote:
I've surprised myself at how happy I am to have got that. It's nearly as satisfying as beating all of you at risk.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I'm interested to know what tram meant by this:

"to wear away at substances, but not consume them"

Was the "but not consume them" a red herring? If so, what was it supposed to lead me to? All I know is that this line frustrated me significantly!! :P
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Sygmassacre wrote:
That was the line that lead me to sand. The walking on its head threw me
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Virtuosity98 wrote:
RIDDLE:
My first is often at the front door.
My second is found in the cereal family.
My third is what most people want.
My whole is one of the united states.

What am I?

Again, not my riddle. This may be a little easier than Tramadol's.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

cbt711 wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
cbt711 wrote:
VirtuosityEyesOnly (click to show)
cbt711 wrote:
There is a ball, and 200 men and 200 women walk into the ballroom. They all dance for 3 songs. So there are 400 people dancing for 3 songs. With 15 seconds left of the last song, all 400 people are on the dance floor. There is only 1 door to get out of the ballroom. By the end of the song, there is not a single person left in the ballroom.

What happened?
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@CBT: Correct! I'll leave you to work out your last little query for a while.
Day Actions:

BETA wrote:
good job cbt on that.
btw
Spoiler (click to show)
tramadol wrote:
@Virtuosity98 "to wear away at substances, but not consume them" was preceded by "In one of my forms" and it was a nail on a finger, the "not consume them" was to keep you believing it was a living being! Still factual, but decoys!