Have a cool idea? Suggest it here!
  • 870 posts
  • Page 52 of 58
God_of_War wrote:
Nice, I suggest a map of Avatar where a portion of the map is a large Sky Mountain area which is always Foggy no matter that the setting is. To add to this, it is so foggy that you can't even see what you are attacking next to you, unless you control it. Super Fog

Lastly, I would like to suggest Super Fog as a choice when playing a game. Possibly names

Fog of Blindness
Fog of Thickness
Fog of Density
Hi there!
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, really game settings and maps are treated separately. Different levels of Fog have already been surely discussed in the forums.
Probably you can find someone having the same idea or a similar idea to yours in the Suggestions/Feedback Forum.

As for the Avatar map, yes it would be cool. Not sure we have a reference to work on.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Dima wrote:

maybe a giant map of the whole ancient asia consisting of empires of roman empire, persian empire, mpgul empire and chinese empires? or even further in teh past: phoenicians, babbylonians, assyrians and so on...
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
ProblemChild96 wrote:
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
aeronautic wrote:
I am low on time at the moment, but will look at these tonight.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
I have a very small remark. North of france there is a texture with some lines (probably rivers). They could be confused with country borders.
It divides a part of the north there in 3 blocks. One of those blocks is called Belgium, one has no name and one is called Luxembourgh.

Maybe fix it by making sure the word belgium is over the texture line (river?), so that it's clear that that line is not a country border?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
Matty
I have a very small remark. North of france there is a texture with some lines (probably rivers). They could be confused with country borders.
It divides a part of the north there in 3 blocks. One of those blocks is called Belgium, one has no name and one is called Luxembourgh.

Maybe fix it by making sure the word belgium is over the texture line (river?), so that it's clear that that line is not a country border?

is this for the france map?
atm, getting a whoops page trying to edit any map in the cartography section
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
i see what u mean. yip the texture is rivers not borders. i have placed the belgium map over the river texture. will upload it when i'm able to
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
Hoodlum
i see what u mean. yip the texture is rivers not borders. i have placed the belgium map over the river texture. will upload it when i'm able to
Ehhh yes, why did I write that here? o_O
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
2ofclubs wrote:
Maps idea.
 Lets call it Suburbia or The Hood: A neighborhood with differing houses w/ w/o detached garages, driveways, streets, circles and allies. ;)
WRKD4IT
The_Bishop wrote:
Guinea (West Africa)
Not the state of Guinea, but the historycal region on the central-western part of Africa.
More or less this cut: (French names sorry)
[image]
Sea connections could also include the main islands of the Gulf of Guinea:
image (click to show)

and..

Soviet Union (USSR)
Russia is currently the largest country in the world and probably would deserve a map. It was even larger during the soviet age and I think it would be a good idea for a historycal map. There was an old proposal from a user, I don't remember the nickname but I kept the image recorded. It's just a draft and everything can be changed, I personally added some decorations to see the feeling.
image (click to show)
That guy is Nikita S. Khrushchev and... I have no idea of why I put his picture there, just a soviet politician.

«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
IsolatedBadger wrote:
Hey Folks!

First post here. I was thinking that it'd be nice to develop a map that encourages a different type of gameplay, which made me think back to my days of playing Age of Empires. There are plenty of analogues between RTS and turn-based, and a map that I think could be super fun on D12 is King of the Mountain.

Basically, there would be one central territory with a huge bonus, surrounded by neutral territories. All players would start on the outside. Particularly in fixed/capped/no card games, controlling the central territory would be a huge benefit, but all/most players would have access to it so it would be difficult to defend.

Here is a link to a rough sketch of what the map could look like: https://imgur.com/a/ErFP318 I think I'd like the map to be a little bigger, and I didn't calculate any of the region bonuses - this was just to give people an idea of what I'm thinking. I also don't know how many pathways there should be to the central region. Six seemed like a nice number. 

The only tricky thing that I am unsure of is that the central territory and the surrounding "paths" need to be neutral every game, regardless of number of players. Is this possible?

Cheers,
Badger