Mexico to Panama
  • 64 posts
  • Page 4 of 5
Fendi wrote:
Ok, I can see I have made several mistakes. I will try to correct them and post a new one soon.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
Fendi, I think the caps for 2 players are unfair. One is closer from ports of both Oceans. I am talking about Honduras. And what it is worse, Durango has a more difficult the access to Atlantic Ocean, which I think is most important in a 2 players game.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
The_Bishop wrote:
03:14 PM, 25 December 2012, Fendi wrote:
We need help with the capital evaluation because Vexer is busy with work and The_Bishop is taking a short break.
Sorry for the 'short' break... Also @Fendi sorry I forgot to say you Merry Christmas! : )

I am going to set the capitals in this way:
234 Caps
567 Caps
89 Caps

If there are not any disagreements I am going to enter them in the system soon. This map has been waiting for capitals for such a long time!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Fendi wrote:
I thought Thorpe had already inputted these but I guess I was wrong.

I will look at yours when I have the time.

Oh and Merry Christmas back at you.
The_Bishop wrote:
For 2 caps I have chosen Tamaulipus and Atlantico. They both have 3 bordering territories corresponding to 3 different way-outs, and they both are inside a region with 5 territories with 3 borders, and they both have a direct control over 2 of the 3 borders. I think there is not in the whole site a more fair placement for 2 capitals, except Saturn map okay.

For 3 caps Fendi found a nice triangulation, I have missed it. If you move Baja California to Sonora there are the same conditions for each capitals, exactly the sames that there are in my placement for 2 caps. But the problem is that 2 regions are bordering and the 3rd is detached. But I don't know... 3 caps are a big trouble in this map! I preferred to make the triangulation in 3 regions all bordering each other, but if you think that it's too weird to have 3 caps in one side just tell.

For 4 caps I prefer mine rather than Fendi's. But I don't know exactly why. Probably because the capitals are more connected by land rather than by ports.

For 5 and higher there are minimal differences between Fendi's and mine.

When it is possible I like to set all the caps with 3 way-outs, avoiding the caps with only 2 way-outs. In this case it is not possible to avoid it, since the best solution is to have half the caps with 3 way-outs and half with 2. For odd numbers of players I preferred to have 1 cap more with 3 way-outs rather than 1 less. That's why I preferred Sonora to Baja California for 5 and 6 caps.

Also the caps should possibly stay all inside the regions or all on the borders. Also in this case if it is not possible I try to make them half and half, but with the condition that every capital that is not inside the region will stay with one only way-out once conquered the region. This is what I have done for 6 and 7 caps.

For 8 and 9 caps it's mostly a matter of equal distances.

@Fendi - I hope my comments can help you to make a faster comparison between yours and mine. As I said the most is about 2, 3 and 4 caps, the others are very similar and I wouldn't waste a lot of time to decide.
The_Bishop wrote:
Whoops sorry I did a mistake, actually it was Nuevo Leon, not Tamaulipus in case of 2 Caps. Well I am going to remake the file and post it again.
Thorpe wrote:
I did not input these cause no-one said that they wanted them to be active.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
The_Bishop wrote:
LOL! That was clear Thorpe, but thanks for your confirmation. That was just an excuse from Fendi but... We are in the cheating era!

Nice to see you back! There is plenty of maps on going I hope you can give your help.
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay, sorry Fendi, I have just corrected that little mistake but my comments are still worth.

Since here is the old proposal;

And here the new proposal.
PsymonStark wrote:
What happened with caps in this map? It's not possible to create capital games yet...
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
PsymonStark wrote:
Capitals mode has been activated for this map.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Vexer wrote:
This map has been updated by PsymonStark with new territory boundaries and some fixes to the territory names. Gameplay is unaffected.
SpamFree wrote:
I know this map has been around for a bit and, while I don't play it often, I do like it. However, I often mistake Guatemala as being the port at El Salvador. I was just reminded of this when, in a current LT game, I mistakenly reinforced to the former instead of the latter.

If the port symbol could be moved slightly south or be marked in some other way so as to be more clearly be associated with El Salvador, that would be most helpful.
Thanks.

Have fun :pirate:

badbug wrote:

This map is awesome. It's one of my 3 favourites for sure.