Mexico to Panama
  • 64 posts
  • Page 2 of 5
Cireon wrote:
I am not a fan of the ship below the Gulf of Mexico. The other one should be moved away a bit like Matty said. I would also make them less visible, as they attract more attention now than the ports, because they have a darker colour that stands out more.

The anchor for El Salvador might be a bit confusing. I don't know if you can do it differently, but it is a bit confusing to which territory it belongs.

I am not sure if I like the fact that Costa Rica and Panama form a dead end together. If there is one territory with one border, I can deal with it, but I am not sure how two will work out.

I like how Jamaica is some kind of "hopping point" for all ports, but maybe a connection line between Jamaica and Camaguey would be a good addition?

Capitals will be very hard to decide on this map I think, but we will have to see when this maps approaches its final state.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Pntbttr wrote:
OK. I think it looks done...but this is the third try so my guess is there is something I need to change...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3181/centralamerica1.jpg

I personally don't think el Salvador is a problem for three reasons:
1. everyone that commented about it knew that it was el Salvador
2. el Salvador's text is really close to the port
3. all territories surrounding el Salvador have there territory names right next to the territory circle whereas el Salvador is the only territory without the name right next to the circle on the whole map (except maybe Guerrero)

I'm going to begin putting the map into the cartographer's panel.
Thorpe wrote:
I know this a little thing, but...the anchor by Baja Cailf. Sur is darker than the rest, and I like the darkness of the ships on this one
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3181/centralamerica1.jpg

I might be wrong but I like all the anchors as dark as the Baja Cailf, Sur and the ships as dark also.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
I think its perfect!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Pntbttr wrote:
OK, this is what I've got for region names:
Red:  Peninsula de Baja California
Blue:  Llanura Costera del Golfo Norte
Green: Sierra Madre Occidental Sur
Brown: Cordillera Centroamericana
Yellow: Peninsula de Yucatan
Purple: ...
Light Blue: ...
Dark Orange: Caribbean

I need some help with the names...and I think I'm missing a ton of accents on the territories and region names...
BrewDog wrote:
I read Mexico and immediately wanted tacos. The map looks great.
Pntbttr wrote:
When I hear Mexico I think Spicy Peppers...^_^

I sent him a message...
Thorpe wrote:
Matty are you going blind?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Not for as far as I know, why?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
yeah, what is this about. Thorpe, are you trying to imply that there is some glaring error that we are missing? Out with it man!
Thorpe wrote:
LOL...
Maybe it is just me! Are all the ports the same? The one in the top left seem to dark to match. I might have to quit making comments on maps cause my eyes are seeing things. I click on the image and that one anchor is what I see first!
Fendi wrote:
Thorpe, the ports are not the same, some are darker and some are lighter. The reason for that is because (it looks like) Pntbttr has them as 'Overlay' and since the background is a mix of different shades of brown, then so are the ports.
Matty wrote:
Yes, ports are darker at dark backgrounds. But I think its fine that way, has a certain style about it :)
Pntbttr wrote:
Actually I put the layer on Reflect...I wasn't sure if I liked them all being different darknesses or not...