Mexico to Panama
  • 64 posts
  • Page 3 of 5
Thorpe wrote:
Ok so it was not just my eyes!!! I just would tone down that one port just a little and yes I know why they are different, hope you were just being funny, not just old!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Leedog wrote:
I'm no expert when it comes to Mexico, but it appears they have states... here's a map with some of their names that might help with the remaining ones you need:

http://www.fcschools.net/ESL/lessons/mexicounit/Mexicostatemap.jpg
Leedog wrote:
Butters, I also found it odd that the title Mexico was placed in the United States... making it look like that a label of Mexico was placed incorrectly to describe U.S. location.

Maybe mini-map and title should swap locations?
Pntbttr wrote:
Leedog look a little bit closer...unless I am missing something those are territories I used...and the title isn't Mexico (it was originally going to be mexico but I needed more territories)
The_Bishop wrote:
I think "Cordillera Centroamericana" or "Cordillera Central" may be a good name for the light blue region; brown region should be called "Sierra Madre del Sur" or "South Mexico".
The purple one... is not so easy. I thought just call it "Mesoamérica".

There are some typing errors:
Chaipas = Chiapas
Léon = León
Yucatan = Yucatán
Panama = Panamá
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Vexer wrote:
awesome, The_Bishop came through in Psymon's absence.
Pntbttr wrote:
sorry guys I've been a little busy lately...

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3181/centralamerica1.jpg

OK, Vexer...There is the problem of the accents in the cartographer panel...I think you said that you had to do it or something...unless you said you fixed and I can do it...Here are the territory names and region names that need accents.

Territories:
Atlántico
Michoacán
Nuevo León
Panamá
San Luis Potosí
Yucatán

Regions:
Península de Baja California
Península Yucatán
Mesoamérica
The_Bishop wrote:
Well good job ;)
Names are ok and... I like the map.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Fendi wrote:
I have looked at the territory names and found two more spelling errors:
Tamaulipus -> Tamaulipas (blue region)
Champeche -> Campeche (yellow region)

Managua and Atlántico (both in light blue region) are the country Nicaragua, however one side is named after the capital city Managua and the other side is named after the largest province(s) Atlántico (north and south). Maybe you can name them both either after the largest proviences e.g Atlántico and Jinotega or largest cities Managua and Bluefields or keep them like this. Either way works.

Now this map only needs capitals. I will try to do them when I find the time since Pntbttr is busy with school.

Btw shouldnt el Salvador be El Salvador?
Pntbttr wrote:
OK sorry I took so long...I fixed the names and changed Managua to Jinotega in the cartographer panel...

...should the E be capital? I've had a few problems with capital letters in Spanish names before...
Pntbttr wrote:
OK I fixed all the text problems and added the image to the Cartographers panel...It's done...
Vexer wrote:
I'll get it ready for test games later tonight. Fendi is talking with the bishop about the capitals so if anyone else wants to volunteer to do them then let those two know.
Fendi wrote:
Here are my suggestions for capital positions, I know some are unfair and need improving. I will maybe take the time to improve them myself whenever I get some time over but if you have better suggestions, then please feel free to post them.

We need help with the capital evaluation because Vexer is busy with work and The_Bishop is taking a short break.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1945/camericacaps.jpg