my newest creation, tell me what you think.
  • 93 posts
  • Page 1 of 7
Cireon wrote:
Interesting. I think it needs some work on the colours for a start. The region colours are very hard to see, it is all to yellowish. I would have the colours of the land stand out more. I think this also would make the outlines of the islands more obvious. The borders between territories should become some darker then too I think.

What connection lines where you planning for the islands? Is it going to be more of a circular map, or are you also going to add lines to territories in the middle of the island?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Thorpe wrote:
What happen to your Jungle Map?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
marcoxa wrote:
@cireon i have yet to do the connection lines yet but i'll add those along with fixing the colors.

@thorpe i thought it was done. is there something i forgot to finish?
marcoxa wrote:
MAP UPDATE:

Territory lines darkened.
Colors more visible.
Connection lines added.

[image]

The_Bishop wrote:
Connectivity is very high. There isn't a region easy to defend. How many territories there are?
Look is great. What is Keeva?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
marcoxa wrote:
There is 41. If I need to add one or to or subtract one to make it good for game play let me know now while its still in the early stages. Keeva is just a place I made up. His map is supposed to bring something new to the table of gamplay. Just to give it some originality
Cireon wrote:
I agree with The Bishop that this will be a very hard map to play. Every region has at least 3 (most of them more than 4) border territories to defend. I think it would improve the gameplay experience if you add one or two regions that only have 2 border countries that are easier to defend, though give a smaller bonus. I don't know if you did the regions like this on purpose, but it is something to take into account.

Colours are better. I would add a little bit more to the main map (minimap is good), but if you don't want to, because you want to have the style of the map like this, that's fine too, as I think the different regions are quite clear now.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Just put this map on fullscreen, and look at the map with your eyes as far closed so that you can just see the map.

If you do that the only thing you will see is the coffee spilled paper background, some lines on it, a whitish speck, and maybe a bit of the inner sea.

I mean, the background doesnt look bad, nor do the territories, but the only thing I see is a background styled map.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
The point is need more contrast between the background and land?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Yes, alot.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
marcoxa wrote:
the style of this map matty is to make it appear one with the map background, like a real map. hence we the colors were so faded before.
marcoxa wrote:
cireon, is it so bad to have a different style of gameplay? it would be challenging yes but hey, it could bring out some really awesome games. think about it, the small islands in the middle have access to 5 of the 7 other regions. if you have the middle then that would be a huge advantage to capturing the map. however it would also be hard to hold has well. i think it would be pretty interesting.
The_Bishop wrote:
I think this map can be good for 2 or 3 players or 4p capitals; if you want that, 40 or 41 are good numbers (40 is better for me). If you want your map played by 5 or 6 players you have to add some barrier like mountains or lakes and 42 would be a very good number.

I like your idea to get a special gameplay but usually high connectivity maps don't are succesful. The reason is simple. In a map like this nobody would be able to own any region and when the sets have reached an high value, one player kill all the others easily because there isn't any territory hard to reach.

What is special and actractive in your map, for me, is the romantic style and the fictional shape. I can see an artistic conception. My suggestion is: try to keep it and make a "normal" gameplay.

How about to change Keeva Island into Keeva IslandS? In this way:

[image]

This is my idea but it's up to you... You are the author.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein