my newest creation, tell me what you think.
  • 93 posts
  • Page 6 of 7
elysium5 wrote:
now THAT looks awesome!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Vexer wrote:
The river looks like an intestine. I can't possibly be the only one that thinks it looks wrong. Whichever your opinion is, please speak up.

Fendi wrote:
The broadness of the river has already been brought up numerous times in previous comments. I agree with Vexer that it needs to be narrower.
Cireon wrote:
I think the map might look better with a smaller river, yes. That is, if it is really meant as a river, because it needs to be a bit less wide then ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
If you look at the New York City map, you will see that the river is pretty wide at certain points as well.

However, when I see the dark green region at the bottom of that map, I more often think of it as an island, than as a piece of the land seperated by a river.

So though I think that technially speaking this is a good river (it starts out really wide though), I think it would look alot better if its not that wide.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
Well...so a smaller river then how about some glow on those conection lines? I think they blend in to much...just a little glow and I think it would fix it.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
When looking at the mountains they need to be one color not two...meaning one peak should be one color not split...like the ones down south in Frenadom...you can have two colors ,just not in one one peak. 
Look at the mountains in the U.S.A. Map.

Plus the outline should not go across the mouth of the river ...between Yuna and Frenadom.

On the connection lines they need to be dash or soild lines and not dots...they just do not look right and I do not think you can fix them, no matter what you do.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
I personally don't mind the mountains the way they are. Does anyone else have an opinion?

Thorpe's probably right about the mouth of the river, especially since it's such a wide mouth.

I also agree that dashed lines would look better than dotted lines.

All that being said, this is a good improvement on the river. It's still nothing like how I would do it but at least it's acceptable now.

You are free to go ahead and start inputting this map into the system whenever you find time.
Matty wrote:
I have some things I think.

I would not call them mountains, but hills.
However, they are good hills, and serve the purpose.
In fact, on an island like this I think hills suit better than mountains would.
Still, I think Thorpe could be right about the colours. The red mountains for example, are really red mountains, 90% of the colour looks red to me. Maybe the other little bit of yellow (that sometimes even is on the red-side of the hills) could better be red.

Apart from that, if you look closely to one of the green hills in the top, you will see that one hill is before another, and at the same time behind it, really weird.

I agree on the river mouth.

Could you try making the whitish glow a darkish glow (so that it looks more like a shadow)?

And well, for some reason I don't really think this map is finished yet. Could you try to add some more texture to the land or something?
The land looks a bit like paper or even leadlight, while the sea looks really rough.

And another remark, the texture on the see (the right half) looks a bit like rain. Gives the map a gloomy feeling to it. That's fine though if that's what you are trying to make it feel like. Just saying.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
They are called hills cause you can attack the adjacent territories over the "Hills", so they are not immpasses?

On the river, the beginning is the size you are looking for, start with that size and then as you move up the river you can go down in size....if that is what you are looking for..
Thorpe wrote:
I did the inputing, the map is ready for you to check Vexer.
urgul wrote:
The top of Uki, where it touches the mountains, looks whited out and blurred
Right under the word Neropleat, it looks like there's a complete break in the mountains... is that intentional?
It looks totally cool though
I'll play on this map if and when it comes out