Australian Towns & Oceans Map
  • 89 posts
  • Page 3 of 6
-NoXoN- wrote:
I made map of Australia and it took me much time untill i was satisfied with gameplay and graphic.
 I like to see what you will do.
Thorpe wrote:
Not a problem. If you need help just ask.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
The_Bishop wrote:
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q700/Photo_Bishop/NewAtom3_zps2ef3f32d.jpg
May it be good?

@Noxox - I think the gameplay is ok and stop the competition pls, this is my first map.
@Thorpe - Very thanks. At the moment I want to see what I can to do by myself.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
-NoXoN- wrote:
??
 I never said that gameplay is bad or your map is better.
 I'm interested to know what other people will do with Australia map that's all.

Looks nice and interesting.
The_Bishop wrote:
Oh, well, got it. I never seen other australian maps. I think it would be hard using lands, since I decided to use the towns. Then I added the oceans for creating a wide connectivity.
marcoxa wrote:
better, still needs some things, but definitely an improvement on the last update.

the water looks better with the fade but i would like to see you do something more with the texture and try not to make it so tiled. its ok to have that as long as they are large enough but when its small it looks cheesy.

the colors are better but i think there is to much contrast now. use this: http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html it can help you with the colors. but overall much closer to where you want it. on the note of colors i think you should switch the brown region with the red one, because i think Indian ocean is a bit hard to see against the blue, and making it red would make it more noticeable.

love the new texture, definitely going in the right direction there

the text looks to cheap. needs something more original. let me know if you need any help with that and i can find you something.

i feel the lines are lacking something but i don't know what. but for now at least they are great.

good update and i look forward to see what you do.
The_Bishop wrote:
Wow thank you Marcoxa! What I can do with that scheme? I can't understand.
Matty wrote:
The first think I want to say is that you improved alot!

But there's quite some things to do:
The colour scheme can do better, currently its a bit too colour cannon like.
Small detail: at some points your roads look really squareish, you might want to make it curve somewhat more.
The ocean texture is alot better, but still makes me think of a (deep blue) beehive.
Also I think the blue is a bit too deap blue.

@Marcoxa: The font isnt that special maybe, but I think its fine. Well readable, not too small, not too big, not too stylish.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
About color scheme consider also that I want to put minimap in the center, so covering a great portion of the brown region.

About text. This is the best font I found because it's nice and it can be very short and readable. In the southeast area circles are very close!

I will work on color and texture. Thanks all.
Thorpe wrote:
I think the color is not flowing...it jumps from one color to the other side of the color wheel. Find some that are closer together and the lower the Saturation on them...then maybe add a "Cloud Texture" to the whole map which gives highlights. You can put a layer to "lighten or darken" the edges of the territories. Got to play with it.

The sea has the same problem.

Looks a lot better! You are getting there...just 150 more changes and you will have it!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
posted twice sorry
The_Bishop wrote:
Lol... Ok, 10 changes per day and my map will be ready in 2 weeks! I will change the colors, promised. Thank you Master.
The_Bishop wrote:
What about this?

[image]
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q700/Photo_Bishop/NewAtom7_zpsf5b325a5.jpg

I will make minimap in the center and nuances around the oceans circles. More or less as in my previous version: http://oi46.tinypic.com/29gkjd0.jpg. Or I will study something better, I don't know.

For the moment I'm working on colors and textures. I like this style but probably it needs to be improved. Give me comments and suggestions pls. Are those colors nice or not? I guess the land is too scratched or is it good. And the ocean?
Thorpe wrote:
Ocean is a lot better!
The colors with the texture looks like "Cowboy" shirt...lol!

Do not rely on the mini map to help the look of the map, it should look good with-out it...I do know it will fill the blank spot.

Take away all the extras like text, circles..etc...and the map should look good by itself.

Try to give the outline of the colors a darker shade. Paint a 5 pic. line around the territories and give it a fade...that might work.
Matty wrote:
On a quick glance: The colours defenitely need work, ocean is looking pretty good.
Not sure if a pure circle is nice for the oceans.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria