update...
  • 83 posts
  • Page 1 of 6
Matty wrote:
Yesss, I already hoped you would improve this map. The gameplay is good, but the looks defenitely can use improvements ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
Give the ocean a glow...change the texture on the land...try to add compass lines..add ocean text...fix the outline, more jagged...give the map a Mediterranean look.

Think if you were to give this map to a Queen, King or a General...how would it look? Try mountains, just do something you have not done before!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Holt wrote:
I for one actually really like the colors on this map. I think the only real things that could use an update is (I could be sounding dumb but) the texture on the maps territories, and the text. I would like to see actual territory names in there and not the North, South, East, West that you have now. Like I said though I think the colors are great on this map and I wouldn't change them.
Pntbttr wrote:
would it work if I used popular cities or whatever for the names of the territories? For example:
N. Italy = Florence
S. Italy = Rome
W. Syria = Damascus
E. Syria = Al Hasakah
Matty wrote:
I actually think thats a very good idea.
If im ever (probably not though) going to learn some geography, it'll be more usefull to know some important cities than onknown provinces :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Holt wrote:
Yeah if you used the city names that would be fine. I just think that the territories as they are look a little plain without the names.
Pntbttr wrote:
cool I'll finish the outline and the names soon...I think I am going to use a different font...
The_Bishop wrote:
[Thanks for your suggestions Pntbttr. I hope to be helpful to your map, me too.]

In Europe there are many little regions, inside the states, with very well-known names. For example usually I reffer to South-Eastern France as "Provence", and South of Spain as "Andalusia", North-East as "Catalonia"...

Also towns names are good. The better city for rapresent Southern Italy is "Naples", and for Northern is "Milan". Florence and Rome are usually considered to be in the middle Italy, not northern nor southern.

I'm a Mediterranean man, I like the idea to have a Mediterranean Sea Map to play, but I don't like a lot this one. It looks too much like a scrap of States cutted off from a political map. I suggest to reduce the area of some State.

For example I don't consider Northern France like a Mediterranean land. Nor the South side of North-African States. That's just desert! On the opposite side, there are countries that don't border with the Sea, but can be considered Mediterranean.

I think you should use this area for rapresent the territories of the Meditteranean Sea:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2jg199s&s=6
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Pntbttr wrote:
I think that would be cool but everyone likes the gameplay on the map already...and I would have to change a lot of the map to do that...all I really want to do is make it look better...I like the game play...

@vexer...do you have the texture layer for the map? I can't find the newest one...please email it to me if you can find it...
Pntbttr wrote:
Actually never mind I can't use the old layers because I was using a different color and outline layer technique...so I had to totally redo them and they are slightly different...
The_Bishop wrote:
Gameplay is good, so I dont want you change the map. But it is more centered in the Sahara Desert rather than Mediterranean Sea. Because Pntbttr's idea to cut off the states which border to this sea (except Portugal... Why?) since I suggest to call it "Mediterranean States Map".
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Vexer wrote:
Mediterranean States is a better name. And how did I miss that Portugal is an oddball?
Pntbttr wrote:
Just to make my intentions clear: I am not going to change the gameplay at all. I am only updating the graphics.

@Vexer...oops, I was kinda tired and forgot that the texture covered the whole map...thanks for sending it anyway...
Pntbttr wrote:
Western Spain is going to consist of of these two provinces:
Castille and Leon + Extremadura (+ a tiny bit of Andalusia so that the territories have the same adjacent territories) 

Castille and Leon is too long...could I just call it Castille or just Leon...I feel like Extremadura isn't as well known...