update...
  • 83 posts
  • Page 2 of 6
Pntbttr wrote:
http://imageshack.us/f/607/mediterraneanstatemapex.jpg/

I just wanted to show you guys where I am with the map...I still need to do a lot...but I am going to finish the outline and text before anything else...
Thorpe wrote:
Still too squared on the outline.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
...I don't think I can change how "Squared" the outline is without it being uneven thicknesses...I still need to smooth the outline, I haven't done that yet because I need to finish the borders of the territories...

Algeria, Libya and Egypt are going to be a little inaccurate because so much of them are desert...Egypt is going to be the hardest, the whole western side of the country is two provinces and there aren't any smaller parts (like regions, states) in them...I'm going to have to get creative...
Thorpe wrote:
This was my main problem with the look of the map...not real enough...game play is great though.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/1mediterraneanstatesmap.jpg/

I don't know about the graphics yet but these are going to be the territories...if any of the adjacency are different please let me know...and if any of the names are bad please let me know...
Matty wrote:
The connection from Sardinia to Sicily used to be to Naples.

And in the south it would look better if these lines are somewhat more curved :S
The line below Marocco, Darnah and Matruh are the ones that stand out most.

And I actually already like the graphics alot!
Your font looks good too, but it doenst really reads very nice. I find it hard to see which of the E's in Greece is the C for example ;)

Edit: I see at least the line below Matruh is supposed to be that straight - if the same holds for the others, keep them that way!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Pntbttr wrote:
Vexer are we going to deactivate the Med. Sea map and add a Med. States map in the Cartographer panel or are we going to change the Med. Sea map so that it works for this map? I think we should just deactivate the old one once I finish inputting the new one...
Pntbttr wrote:
all of the lines are accurate except for the lines I had to make so that there were territories like N. New Valley or W. Murzuq...also the top of Tamanrasset is part of Illizi for gameplay...
Thorpe wrote:
accurate or not give it a little movement on the outline
Vexer wrote:
we will replace the old one with this one as long as it is actually better. Currently I like some things better on the new version and some better on the old. I don't have a whole lot of time so I will get more involved in commenting a little later in the process.
Holt wrote:
I don't like the new brightness of the map. I think that the old coloring was perfect for the map. The new brightness takes away from the feel of the old version. I think you should change the coloring back. I do like the new territory names though.
Leedog wrote:
Well, I'm sure I'm in the extreme minority but I still prefer the old version. Was thinking the old version would get just a few touch-ups (name changes, new color or 2, a little texture)... but the new version looks like a whole different map.

just stating my opinion. :o

Thorpe wrote:
Well I am in that extreme minority also!
Paddlin and Diddly have the problem of the outline also! Just like Papa...change the outline not the color.

I will not say anymore on this map...cause I do not see it improving.
Please fix the outline or just leave it alone and do nothing with the map.

Am I the only one other than Diddly and Paddlin, that think this way?