update...
  • 83 posts
  • Page 3 of 6
Pntbttr wrote:
OK...I will work on the outline but it will be a while...I not going to be around for a few days...and making the outline takes a while...
Thorpe wrote:
But Pntbttr that is just my opinion and send me it and I can do it for you.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

First off, nice job. But to be honest, I still prefer the old version..

There are some good updates with the new version, like the colour on the big red region and the territory names, however some of the colours you have chosen stand out too much. The map is looking bright compered to the old one, which isnt so good since the theme we have going on this site is dark..Also, the first thing my eyes are drawn to is the mini-map. It reminds me of a light bulb..I am also not a big fan of the new outlines, but thats only me..
I agree with Matty about the font. Its hard to read..I do however like the new texture. Its a bit rough in some areas but its still ok..
-NoXoN- wrote:
i can see some changes but maybe not everything that he did cause map looks different and much better.

I still dont like red background paper. And this thick black line around map i dont know what to call it, is bad looking.
Thorpe wrote:
I did the outline...gave it a glow around the outside and darken the territories color by the lines with a dark fade and some ships. I thi...mmm...k that is all.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
The_Bishop wrote:
Good job Pnt, I think the map is improving a lot. Just some issue:
  • Very hard to read the names. I can read only the names that I know. Maybe do not use italic style can work.
  • Change by change the Red Sea area near Suez take a strange shape unlike its real shape.
  • The map title maybe can get a bit more of evidence.
  • The line between Andalusia and Morocco seems not needed.
  • I like Thorpe's ships
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Leedog wrote:
Honesty. I was a little concerned about the new changes that might have been made, but in my opinion, I think the map has improved!!
Cireon wrote:
I like the improvements on this map until now. Just a few things I would try:

• Try a yellow/brownish background instead of the red one and see how it looks.
  • The region in the Middle-East containing Israel and other countries has the same colour as the background. This should be changed.
  • I am not a fan of connection lines that are exactly horizontal or exactly vertical. The connection line that is bothering me a bit is the one between Greece and Darnah (I can't read the name properly), could you maybe offset it a bit so it is not as "perfect" vertical anymore?
Including the other changes you made and the things The_bishop suggested, I am very interested how the result would look.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Cireon wrote:
I think I prefer your previous version. The outlines look better and I think the map generally looks better without the glow.

Would still like to see the yellow/brown background instead of the red one, but that is up to you if you like it or not.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Fendi wrote:
I agree with Cireon, the version without the glow is much better. I also agree with him about changing the colour of the brown region. Maybe its just me but I am also not a fan of the colours you have chosen for Morocco and Tunisia. They look washed out when comparing them with the rest.

The more I look at texture, the rougher it gets, also it looks a bit pixelated in some areas..maybe try fixing it and lower the opacity a bit?
I would also like to see this map with a more brownish background.
The old dashed connection lines are better..
Pntbttr wrote:
I didn't like thorpe's outline cause I thought it had too much movement...so I would like to know which outline looks better before I continue...