Like World Classic but one more territory for Australia.
  • 73 posts
  • Page 1 of 5
Vexer wrote:
The style of this map is a combination of World Expanded and World Classic. I stole layers from each of those maps to make it.

Game play is the same as world classic with the addition of one more territory in Australia, The Philippines. This requires Australia to protect two borders and take 5 territories. I think that this balances the map perfectly and improves on the original. 

Australia is still a great continent to own, however, because if they break the Philippines, they'll still have to get through Indonesia before they can attack the rest of the continent. One strategy would be to put 10 on Indonesia and 5 on the Philippines. That way if someone is determined to break you then you will only lose 5 troops and you'll be able to take it back the next turn.

How does the map look?

http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/World%20Modified.jpg
Thorpe wrote:
mmm...not much of a difference for game play,,it is better..but why not Antarctica.
I guess I was expecting more from you.

How about adding more connections like World Expanded Map> or is this just to replace the classic world.

I remember what Diddly, Paddlin, 1771, Fendi and I were talking about the game play on this map...

Sorry for being so negative but just thought you were going to give more of a game play to the map.

The look of the map is good but the texture is about the same can you give it more of a change?

Hope to see another map with expanded territories and connections on it, if this one is just an upgrade. I really like the connections on the World Expanded Map...add those and this would truly be a World "Modified" Map.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
Haven't you read glanru's comments about Antarctica. it doesn't make any sense. no one puts troops in Antarctica.

I don't know why you expected anything different. i wrote about our plans in the World classic thread.

We can still do another map that is somewhere in between world expanded and this one in number of territories.

The purpose of this map is to better balance the original and to have something else we can use if Hasbro ever comes knocking on our door again.

The game play on this map is done. If you guys want a different map then you will have to make one. Though I also think troops in Antarctica is dumb and that's why we didn't include it on world expanded. If you do decide to make another world map with say 60 territories I'd still rather not see Antarctica on it. You can get the same connectivity by using the same lines from world expanded that connect to south Africa.

The talk with diddly about adding Antarctica was a long time ago before i came up with the idea of balancing the map by adding the Philippines. It's a better solution and one that actually makes sense.

I used the textures from the world expanded map on purpose because I want the maps to look similiar. These three maps are a set.
Thorpe wrote:
LOL...

Got your goat!
I just wanted to get your goat! I knew it was a set and I was planning a different map to go along with what Diddly was talking about but just wanted to see if we were in the same mind set and to let others know why you made this map.
Sorry for poking fun at you, but thank-you for saying why you made this map.

The map looks good!

Again Thank-you for saying this was a set and this way no-one will say why did you did not add this or that on this thread?

95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
I liked the texture from the classic map better, but then i guess this is easier to destinguish if you play on both the classic, and the modified.

So yea, great job, not much to say about it.

Though, why is the NW from NW territory aligned left, maybe centering it, like in the classic world map, would be nicer.
Same for PNG, E-US and E-Afrika.
Maybe also E,W australia, and C-Amerika.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

Just in case there is a vote about Antarctica, then my vote is for No Antarctica.

The reason is because it would make the map too heavy and busy at the bottom compared to the untouched top, making the map imbalanced.
I also like the idea of having the trio maps, World Expanded, World Classic and World Modified, connected together.

So again, No Antarctica. =)

Take care.
Vexer wrote:
Matty, I used the texture from the classic map but it didn't match the background so I had to add some of the rough texture layers from the world expanded map on top.

I'll take a look at the text. I copied it from the classic map and then changed the font. It should have been identical.
Matty wrote:
Of course, I like the background from the classic map better as well :)

But the texture is really fine this way, if both were identical (except for an extra territory) it would be hard to destinguish.

Text is great again, thanks ;)

(Also, if you want a weirder gameplay, go add hawaii or so, not antartica.
But keep the map this way, its better I think.)

Edit @ Brewdog: I think its better with border, cause otherwise the missing part from Alaska and New zealand will look really weird.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Votazap wrote:
I only see 4 places in Austy not 5

This wouldn't replace the world classic right??
Pntbttr wrote:
I love it...I don't know how you could improve it...add the region names...then it's done I think

No zappy this is just for different gameplay...and there are 5 places in aus. look a little closer! W. Aus., E. Aus., Papa New Guniea, Indonesia, Philippines
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7364/worldmodified.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

This was just to show what I was talking about and to see if I should go ahead with making one like this.

Fendi is it too buzy?

Just a ruff draft.
Vexer wrote:
there's no point to having Antarctica, you can just connect Argentina to South Africa and Madagascar to Western Australia to get similar connectivity. But to mostly keep the amount of territories you have to defend you could instead do a connection from Brazil to south Africa and east Africa to Indonesia. But you got to realize it's not necessarily a good thing to have south America be able to get to Australia easier because it would make it easier for someone to take both. That's why I didn't put it on this map.

Your connection from the Philippines to Central America is like 9000+ miles. That's silly. My mind can't handle that. I would never be able to bring myself to play a map with a connection like that. I have the same issue with Antarctica. There are no military bases on Antarctica for a reason. Antarctica has no permanent residents. Bonuses for holding a region come from recruitment. There are only between 1000-5000 scientists and support staff living in Antarctica depending on the time of year. How are you gonna raise an army? The bonus would be worth 0.00000001. 

I know this is just a game for fun; I mean we have a baseball and basketball map that don't make any sense as a war map, but myself and several others get uptight when you try to do illogical things with the world map.

Why are you so obsessed with Antarctica? Most people would have given it up after hearing the previous comments.