Like World Classic but one more territory for Australia.
  • 73 posts
  • Page 2 of 5
Vexer wrote:
Like I said before, you are welcome to make another map with extra territories and connections but you'll hear my same arguments about Antarctica and crossing the pacific.

This map however, is done.

@ pntbttr. i don't feel the need to clutter up the mini map with the region names since everyone already knows what they are.
Vexer wrote:
After venting my frustrations about Antarctica to Glanru he mentioned that keeping troops there would actually drain resources because they would have to be imported in so you should actually get a negative bonus for Antarctica.
Thorpe wrote:
LOL
and
LOL
Just TOO FUNNY!

Make the bonus a -3!! What a great idea Vexer!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Holt wrote:
I guess you could make it to where you lose 1 troop everyround unless you only have 1 troop there for holding antarctica... You know that terrain is Treacherous lol...
Vexer wrote:
Adjusted the color for africa and added a ship, a whale and a kraken eating a ship. Too much? Is the size right?

I was thinking of adding the names of the oceans to make it feel more like a real map otherwise i think the stuff I added seems a bit out of place.

Thanks to thorpe for showing me the style even though I used different ships and sea creatures than the ones he found.

http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/World%20Modified2.jpg
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

Nice details, although I do think they are bit too much. Adding the ocean names and only using 1 or 2 of the things you have used would be better and personally, I love the ship on the North Atlantic Ocean.

The title is much better now, thanks.

Take care.
Pntbttr wrote:
Antarctica would be good for game play...but it wouldn't make sense...what if we made a limit for the amount of troops in Antarctica...it would make a little more sense...

Love the map not sure how to improve it...
Votazap wrote:
I think if we did do Antarctica we could make the bonus +1 but if you dont own it for every troop you have there you get negative one . Just a funny idea ;)
Thorpe wrote:
The one sea monster is to busy. Why not try embossing them?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
The kraken is a bit too much I think yes.
But it does look nice!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
I figured out what is wrong with whale!
It is a modern picture!
Need something from the time period of the ship and kraken and replace both the kraken and the whale.

The color of Africa blends with the rest of the map..so had to read the post to know you did something...good job, it fits
Vexer wrote:
I know fendi is going to think the map is too busy now but that's kind of the style i am going for. Every old world map i have looked at is extremely busy. This map is still relatively bare. But that being said please do share your opinions.

- Added ocean labels
- Changed the ocean around the whale to match the other two icons in hopes that it would look less like a picture
- Replaced the kraken-ship with a simpler one

http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/World%20Modified3.jpg
Glanru wrote:
It's horrible, terrible, bad, very bad, and worse. Obviously the continents in the North are larger than the ones in the South. Everyone knows that a map of a world would be twice as wide as it is tall (or wider if no polar caps present). And, who came up with names of this place? I want to see it completely redone. 

Joking. It looks great. The ocean text and graphics in the ocean just add to the look of the map. Since they blend enough with the background, they don't interfere with game play. I do find it interesting that the Artic Ocean is distinguished twice.

Although I like the idea of using different colors, I agree with the ones that were chosen due to familiarity. Unfortunately though, this makes the lake in Africa look a bit odd as the color of the background and the color of the territories are still somewhat similar. The Great Lakes in contrast have no such issue in North America.

The dotted line spacing is feasible though it seems like they are almost solid lines. It does strike me as odd that there is no line from Alaska to Kamchatka.

Overall it's a great map.