+Haiti was too messy
  • 82 posts
  • Page 5 of 6
Thorpe wrote:
the font on the mini-map not right
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
(Edited because I thought the wrong tab was the new map, sorry =/)

I like the new fonts on the minimap.
Also liked what you did with the text.

Now hope Vexer is happy with the colours :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
I don't see the periods? And I think the fonts work out really well. I think it looks good now.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Pntbttr wrote:
the periods weren't supposed to be there...

Sorry I forgot to change the color on the mini map...
Vexer wrote:
nice job pntbttr. see what you can accomplish when you spend more time on one map instead of work on 5 at once.

The new border looks great. kind of like what thorpe was trying to do on another map only better (sorry thorpe :)

only thing i see is that your name is too close to the edge now that you have added a border. perhaps move it up and to the left a couple pixels.

i will check the caps tomorrow.
Vexer wrote:
i guess i got to the caps today. 2-4 are good. 6-8 there is no possibility on a map this small for them to be any better so they are fine but 5p is no good.

D nacional can move all his cap troops to santo domingo and would then be too close to san jose de ocoa and also be on a border whereas the rest of the caps are not on borders. This is the same problem i mentioned with the last map.

I can see that you struggled with 5p. How bout try and put all the caps on borders and see if you can get it balanced. I'll leave it to you to try.
Pntbttr wrote:
^_^
I had a really hard time with 5p I tried doing it on borders and I don't think that worked either...I'll try again later today...

do you still think I need to change the color...and what part of the map did you want me to change? Just the minimap or the whole thing? I can't redo the minimap because I don't know how you did it...
Vexer wrote:
the colors are fine now. i wouldn't worry about the mini map. it's ok that the colors look a little more faded on the mini map cause it makes it not stand out so much.
Pntbttr wrote:
I can't get a good set up for 5p caps! It's impossible! Anybody else want to try?
Vexer wrote:
here's the 5p caps. It's not perfect because the region on the right has it's cap not on a border whereas the other caps are on a region border but it's the only way to not have the caps only 2 territories apart. And that is the best region so it's not the end of the world to have the cap not on a border.

http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/Dominican%20Republic%205p%20caps.jpg