+Haiti was too messy
  • 82 posts
  • Page 2 of 6
Matty wrote:
Awesome minimap :)

Some names can be moved a little bit, but then I think its finished (except for bluriness, which i can't judge now - you should pay some attention to the background there)
- Hato Major a little bit to the left, so that its centered
- San pedro de M and its circle a little bit to the top, so that its inside the territory (i hope it fits, otherwise leave it like this)
- San jose de Ocoa and its circle a little bit to the top (same reason and hope)

And the minimap names and Number can be switched a little bit too, like the 4 a little bit North so that the text fits in the region.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
the background is too dark, too brown. makes me think of poo.

The style of the mini map is fine but i think it's a bit extreme. and the edges too smooth
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

The names on the mini map needs to be increased in size, they are hard to read. The brown territory and and the background looks like they are almost the same shade of brown, especially when looking at the mini map also there is too much texture on the mini map background.
I also think you need to change the territory lines between Independca-Baoruco (purple region) and Elias Pina-San Juan (orange region) because it looks like you have the 4-corner problem.

Take care.
Pntbttr wrote:
http://imageshack.us/f/72/dominicanrepublic4jpeg.jpg/

I think I fixed all the problems that you guys talked about...If I missed something pls inform me...

I have a little more time now that the tutorial is done...
Matty wrote:
Im sorry, but I like the San Pedro the M. better where it was :$
Could you change that one back?

And maaaaybe the minimap background can be changed, but kind of only because I dont know anything else to say.

Love the map, would love to play it 9 player capitals, massive turtling, than massive slaughter xD
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Votazap wrote:
Text needs to big bigger

I dont like the brown backround

It looks like the backround clouds overlay the actual map

Its a good looking map just needs some work

Oh and the territories need texture
Pntbttr wrote:
Yoda what text do you mean because I think it looks fine...do you really think I need to enlarge the text? I am not going to make the text larger unless more than one person says it needs to be bigger...The bonuses might need enlarging...
Vexer wrote:
I mentioned that the background makes me think of poo and you increase the color saturation? It was better before. The background is too dark. the contrast needs to be reduced on the texture layers and brightness increased.

The mini map outline is better but the background color is way too saturated.
Pntbttr wrote:
http://imageshack.us/f/577/dominicanrepublic4jpeg.jpg/

Did I miss anybodies request?

I had to fix some spelling errors...so I moved some text around and changed it to a more shadowy effect...what do you guys think?
Matty wrote:
I like it, especially the bigger numbers on the minimap.
Now just see if you can get Vexer to like your background and it looks like you're done
Thorpe wrote:
Background is still poo! LOL
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
What should I do to change background? I did what you said before...do I need to do it even more?

I have finished uploading it on the site...I need someone to fine tune the locations because my computer can't seem to get it perfect...but other than that you guys can play on it...
Pntbttr wrote:
http://imageshack.us/f/205/dominicanrepublic5final.jpg/

I sent the map to Vexer because he wanted to play with it and try to get rid of the poo problem...I haven't heard from him so I spent like 2mins on the color and I got this cool color that makes a glowy effect around the land...what do you guys think? I could never really see the poo problem but I think it is better...

Imageshack change it's default resize thingy to no resize.

[image]
By pntbttr at 2012-05-27
I also wanted to try this forum link thingy they give you on imageshack...