+Haiti was too messy
  • 82 posts
  • Page 4 of 6
Matty wrote:
For my part its ready - great map Peanut!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
For the region names...

It depends if you want them to be in English or in its original form.

It seems anyway, that you put the names slightly out of the regions they were... In the last map of this page, you have the names of the regions.

http://www.jmarcano.com/mipais/geografia/regiones.html

As for gameplay the regions have been changed, I'd say you can name like this:

1 - Blue region - Cibao Oriental
2&4 - Orange Region - Cibao Occidental & El Valle
3 - Yellow Region - Cibao Norcentral
5 - Purple Region - Enriquillo
6 - Green Region - Cibao Central
7&8 - Brown Region - Valdesia & Región Metropolitana
9 - Red Region - Yuma
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Pntbttr wrote:
thanks I really appreciate the help...I will post the update soon...I am not sure if I can put it in the Beta game that I have already started but I am hoping it will be in the next one...
Pntbttr wrote:
...actually I need some smaller names...how should I abbreviate the Orange and Brown regions...and maybe the yellow region too...?
PsymonStark wrote:
Cibao Occidental, Valdesia.

The other is hard to shorten... put Cibao Norte.
Pntbttr wrote:
OK thanks, why did you change the letters when you abbreviated it to Norte.?
PsymonStark wrote:
Norcentral - North-Central
Norte - North

:)

PS. You may also put "República Dominicana" as a subtitle, or similar.
Thorpe wrote:
F.Y.I 
On the territory cards you will receive they will not have those funny marks on the names...they show up as "?"
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
LOL...I forgot what they call them...sorry
Live in U.S.A.....I call those periods after the u,s & a
lol
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
PsymonStark wrote:
Why Valdesia & Cibao Norte have periods? I guess I should have put them between commas...
Matty wrote:
Maybe the text of Cibao central (and its number) can be shifted downwards a bit, so that the cengter of the minimap is a little less bizzy
and maybe the text and circle of La vega (green) can be moved a bit downdwards (or right?), cause it hits the border and it has space enough
Same for la altagracia (but then to the left) (red)

and maaaaaybe Ma trinidad a little bit to the right, but im not sure if that would make it any better.

oh, and the font of the (sub)title in the minimap is very different from the other fonts - maybe to bold, or to italic, dont really know.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
yeah, why not reuse the same font from the territories in the mini map including the sub title in the mini map.

also, i still think that it would look better if all the colors except for the background, the grey and the brown would look better if the saturation was increased by 2.

The easiest way to do this is to select all, then with the magic wand hold down alt and then click on the brown, the grey and the background color. Then menu->adjustments->hue/saturation and change it to 102